cobra bluegrass guppy

smicko

Hi all, thought I'd share a pic of a new type of guppy I've come up with.

Cheers mick

DSC_0042_zpsbzv4ofsp.jpgDSC_0041_zpshnqowewz.jpg

Edited by smicko
  • Like 2

Good work champion !

I will get some pics of what my daughter has done with the ones I got from you.

I added males that the back half is black on (forgot the name) and some chilli endlers, gold tiger endlers and high dorsal blue endlers, there is some magic coming out of that tank. Just got to separate some to see if I can get them to breed true.

Cheers mick

Edited by smicko

I've recently come across a book on guppy genetics. Blew my mind after dealing with betta genetics. Some traits only males cary, some only females. Guess that's what makes breeding true the hard part.

• Like 1

Thanks peeps, I'm thinking of calling this a chameleon guppy, as it wags it's tail it changes colour which is pretty cool.

Some pics to try and demonstrate.

Cheers mick

DSC_000001_zpss6qjul4i.jpgDSC_0082_zpspzrnlabr.jpgDSC_000003_zpsq9w8xkih.jpgDSC_000005_zpss7crvhes.jpg

It's only small differences in the pic sort of like a red pearl moving across the blue base.

Do other people see this or am I tripping lol, it looks great whilst it's swimming along, can't wait to get a tank full of males.

Hopefully the next big thing in the guppy world

Cheers mick

Edited by smicko

• 3 months later...

It's only small differences in the pic sort of like a red pearl moving across the blue base.

Do other people see this or am I tripping lol, it looks great whilst it's swimming along, can't wait to get a tank full of males.

Hopefully the next big thing in the guppy world

Cheers mick

I see it, but I know what the effect looks like in real life, I have female guppies with similar tail colour changing (the males of the line have a deeper red colour though so don't have the colour changing) which is an odd quirk that developed at some point in the line and I carried forward.

• 4 weeks later...

That's damn impressive mate. Maybe I could help by providing a place to breed out a second line to cross back in every couple of generations :P haha 

Edit: This one showed up in one of my tanks recently, similar body pattern? 

2upvinb.jpg

Edited by Tankeyone