Wondering what wp's people who are keeping chameleon shrimp caridina sp WA 4 have

Jenbenwren

I was just wondering if anybody could let me know what water parameters they are keeping their chameleon shrimp caridina sp WA 4? I'm setting up an 80cm tank for our RCS, bristlenose and Rasbora Maculatas and I.m thinking of adding some Chameleons if their wps are similar. I can't seem to find much info on keeping Chameleons other than they like acidic-normal ph,temps ranging from 24-32C, leaf litter in the tank, low water flow, plenty of places to hide and they do better when you age any water before adding it to their tank (I already age water for our other shrimp tanks). I haven't found any info about ph, gh, kh, and tds ranges, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

I think most people just keep the wp stable and the chameleons love it. I know I keep DRN with my Red cherries and they breed and are very active. In that tank I don't do any testing fortnightly water changes with aged water. I suspect the water is quite soft due to the wood in there.

• Like 1

Chameleons are pretty tough and, like most natives, handle a wide range of parameters. They will be perfectly happy in a tank set up for RCS and rasboras.

Quick note too: low water flow does not mean little filtration. Like all shrimp, chameleons are sensitive to ammonia ect. So make sure there is plenty of filtration.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. We have a fluval 205 running on the tank and it will have a twin bio sponge filter running as well. Our guppys and Neon Praecox struggled with how strong the flow was till they got used to it. I did try experimenting with diy spray area but it didn't seem to help and it looked pretty bulky and ugly in the tank. Now I'm back to the original fitting and experimenting with different angles to try to reduce the flow without compromising how much the intake sucks out.