seed shrimp

morningdewdrops

Hi guys! New to this forum, but have been shrimping for about a year noe . abouI i

I have heaps of seed shrimp! And I know they are harmless to the shrimp, but they really give me the jitters jitters!

Is there any ways that I can get rid of them or at least lower the numbers? Thanks heaps!heaps

Nessa

I tend to get seed shrimps when I over feed....just reduce the feeding and/or use a feeding tray, and they'll slowly disappear.... They're prove of good water quality too..

Edited by BlueBolts

I'm a big fan of seed shrimp, they are like the canary in your tank, I start to worry when they start to disappear. :thumbsu:

• Like 1

Cool. I guess it's a good sign. But they sure are creepy characters. I've tried not feeding the shrimp and they're still around. The shrimp end up eating plants instead.. Guess I just have to live with them. But if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!! Thanks guys!

Well, if you really want to get rid of them that's easily solved.(as long as there are no little shrimplets in your tank at the time) :smile:

Just put a few small fish like endlers in the tank for a couple of days...the fish will eat all the seed shrimp but will not harm your adult shrimp.

But, yeah, as I said, if there are shrimplets around they might get eaten too.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha thanks. If I can find anyone who's willing to lend me some endlers. Haha ;)

Seed shrimp hey... LOL I had no clue as to what they are... I call them Sea Fleas  :thumbsu: