Layout done, need plant ideas!

Tandanus

I'm finally able to put my energy in to this one that has been sitting in my office untouched since I initially did the layout.

This is a 3'x18"x18" tank.

I was thinking possibly a carpet of Eleocharis Belem. But I want to know what more creative people than myself would do.

post-1002-14067595761_thumb.jpg

What shrimp or fish are you planning on keeping in the tank?

Rose Moss or Mini Pellia - over the rocks and in between the loose smaller rocks.

Tonina Belem in the background planted tightly together in a long horizontal bunch. And flanked by something red, like Alternanthera "mini" just in front of it, also tightly planted in a bunch.

Bacopa sp Japan - Mid ground.
Unlike all other known species of Bacopa, which grow in a strictly vertical fashion, this species grows in a mostly prostrate manner. It will gradually gain more height than might be desired, but with selective pruning, can easily be made into a contoured mid ground bush.

Then in the foreground, I'd go with something low and sparse like Hydrocotyle tripartita (Pennywort), so you can still see shrimp grazing.

Yesssss Mini Pellia would be perfect in that rocky area if I can find some, awesome!

All the plants you've listed are great, thanks for your input! Pennywort is a good suggestion for the foreground, I like it.

I was thinking maybe some Cryptocoryne Balansae in the  back right corner.

I have some googling to do to check water/lighting requirements.  :geek:

I was thinking maybe some Cryptocoryne Balansae in the  back right corner.

Nice

As far as stocking it goes I was thinking those cute blue rilis with the red spot on their head, large school of boraras briggitae (though they've been hard to find for other tanks I've wanted to put em in), otocinclus. Not sure what else.