Seiryu Stone and PH

Fishnbe

I have a couple of pieces of Seiryu stone in my sons 2ft tank CRS/Blue velvet Cherries.

I have just been reading a bit about this stone and it appears it will raise ph and KH.

Has anyone here got any opinions or seen any results from a PH and KH point from using this stone.

My tanks PH seems to sit around 7.2-7.4 with weekly water changes with water with a ph of 6.8.

I think now this is the only reason for it going up, I have Up Aqua shrimp soil and and bit of mangrove root in there.

So I think I might be removing the stone soon.

Much to my sons disappointment as he bought the stone with his shrimp sales . :unsure:

No, not yet, I only realised this tonight. Thought Id ask before I try vinegar test ect.

Besides vinegar test I would place them in a bucket of water and monitor them over a week or two.

I would do the same with a substrate sample.

• Like 1

I set up a shrimp tank about 2 years ago with ADA soil and i was using seiryu stones. It increased my pH to around 7.2. Water going into the tank was pH 6.4.

• Like 1

Thanks for that.

I thought it must be as my 2 smaller tanks with no Seiryu sit about 6.8 and my main tank with the stone is about 7.2 this tank is also my CRS tank.

Looks like ill be taking it out.

And Ive grow some nice plants on them.  :unhappy: