DIY Remineralisation for RO or Rain Water

jayc

On 5/8/2021 at 12:37 PM, jayc said:

No I mean like cold from the refrigerator cold. 5 DegC.

Hey @jayc after do i mix all of it in 5Degc or only the CaCO3. Or should i mix the CaCO3 in cold and let it become room temp and mix the rest in?

34 minutes ago, Shrimpneewbie said:

mix the CaCO3 in cold and let it become room temp and mix the rest in?

This ^

@jayc i managed to mix all of the ingredients together but its not full dissolved, where i drew the blue line is where all of the undissolved parts are, im using rain water with a ph of 6.5, im afraid when i mix it in the rain water the mix will not dissolve.remine.thumb.jpg.f4a06241fb0108a87cfc5a439b80f3ed.jpg

11 hours ago, Shrimpneewbie said:

i managed to mix all of the ingredients together but its not full dissolved, where i drew the blue line is where all of the undissolved parts are, im using rain water with a ph of 6.5, im afraid when i mix it in the rain water the mix will not dissolve.

Don't worry. This is cloudy colour is normal and some undissolved calcium is to be expected.

Just give it the bottle a shake before use. And when you add the desired amount to your change water, you will notice the mix will dissolve / dissappear the rest of the way.

5 hours ago, jayc said:

Don't worry. This is cloudy colour is normal and some undissolved calcium is to be expected.

Just give it the bottle a shake before use. And when you add the desired amount to your change water, you will notice the mix will dissolve / dissappear the rest of the way.

Okay I did that and after some times the water cleared up, could it be the remainder of it just sank to the bottom? Also the tds is 156 will it continue rising because the rest will dissolve with longer time maybe?

20210525_024105.jpg

20210525_001240.jpg

20210525_101754.jpg

20 minutes ago, Shrimpneewbie said:

Okay I did that and after some times the water cleared up, could it be the remainder of it just sank to the bottom? Also the tds is 156 will it continue rising because the rest will dissolve with longer time maybe?

Only a very small amount might sink to the bottom, but it should dissolve rather quickly in tank water. 

The TDS should not rise too much more than 156.

On 5/25/2021 at 1:03 PM, jayc said:

Only a very small amount might sink to the bottom, but it should dissolve rather quickly in tank water. 

The TDS should not rise too much more than 156.

Okay thanks jay, all of them even the babies look to have settled in well. I will update the progress so everyone will have feedback on your diy. But so far it looks good, thank you once again jay.

• Like 1