• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• sdlTBfanUK
      With the ones you have just bought and all the babies you are getting in the other tank you probably have enough for now and you should probably give it a few weeks at least for everything to settle, especially in the new tank which has to adjust to having shrimps in it for the first time. Those new ones will probably breed readily as well of coarse! Simon
    • kms
      I should of got some galaxy pinto, they had some red ones for about GBP 6, may be i'll return in the next few day and choose a few more. 
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I am aiming for a similar mix as before of Taiwan Bees. Probably start with blue steel and blue bolts as they are fairly cheap from same place I got them last time. I have found someone selling red steel and ruby in the UK which are quite expensive, but luckily that isn't a problem I have, but I want to test the tank first with some cheaper ones. But anyway I'm not at that stage yet and after losing so may stunners last time I have lost a LOT of the enthusiasm I had, hopefully though that may return as I progress? Simon
    • kms
      Hope all goes well for you, what shrimps are you going to keep.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Those look lovely shrimps and an absolute bargain! Good to see you are trying a few more black ones as well. Hope the red wine are still doing well? It is so easy to get carried away, I would have as well at that bargain price? I have my reset tank to do tomorrow, plants not doing very well this time so I will go through it all and review what to do/try next. The nitrate is still at 25 (the next reading on the strips is 50  so it is a bit vague and so I guess it could be up to just under 50), no ammonia or nitrite. I have 8L (1/3 tank) new water ready to do the water change so at least I can concentrate on the plants this week, hopefully the water change and removing some of the half dead plants will bring the nitrates down - we will see!!! I am in no hurry to get any shrimps yet/this time. Simon