Sign in to follow this  
Jenbenwren

Mrs Brownnose is berried!

Jenbenwren

Woohoo Mrs Brownnose is berried for the first time!! Not sure if they're the right color and how she'll go but we'll be watching her even more closely now. She's our first mischling/CBS/CRS to become berried and may even be our only female at the moment. She had the boys in a frenzy yesterday. She molted yesterday to, (first time I've seen a molt), and her saddle was huge. The countdown is on now with fingers and toes crossed.

post-868-0-78277100-1403089714_thumb.jpgpost-868-0-19605600-1403089739_thumb.jpg

fishmosy

Congrats fingers crossed she carries them full term.

• Like 1

newbreed

Woohoo! Congrats Jen! You and the kids must be stoked!

• Like 1

Squiggle

Absolutely fantastic news, well done! :jig:

• Like 1

Jenbenwren

Thanks guys. We are over the moon. Josh (Mr 8) is extremely proud of his girl now, (even though she's not black and white like Collingwood, boo). He used his birthday money to buy them, but wanted me to give his money back and have them for myself when we found out they were mischlings, not CBS, and he saw she had brown bands. Now he reckons she's his, but he still wants his money back lol.

poeticwinter

full carried :) lots shrimplet coming. congratulations!

• Like 1

Jenbenwren

She's still carrying them all and is starting to look more comfortable with her belly full now. Fingers crossed she keeps going well, and her shrimplets survive. They'll be hardy buggers if they do as wp still aren't the best, but better than they were.

• Like 1

Jenbenwren

Last night I noticed Mrs Brownnose carrying a lot less berries and tonight she has none. But I did spot this little speck hiding on a little java fern leaf.

post-868-0-38607200-1405585844_thumb.jpg

1 very happy, proud Mr 8, joined Miss 4 in a big big happy dance!!

newbreed

Awesome news!! Usually the CRS/CBS types will drop first and the TB bubs a couple of days after!

Lots more shrimp staring now for you all!!

Congrats!!

• Like 1

Jenbenwren

Wow, that's really interesting. Can't wait to see how many more are going to venture out of the jungle of plants and subbwassertang she's been hiding in lately. So far I've seen 3 stripey little shrimplets and she's still carrying 1 egg!

• Like 1

slin1977

Congratulations! Some shrimp spotting hours to come :-)

• Like 1

CNgo2006

Around 2-3 weeks start looking for blue eggs they are the tb and the ones you will be hoping for! Congrats got my fingers crossed for you

• Like 1

Jenbenwren

We'll be happy with any shrimplet that survives. Mr 8 is hoping for more Collingwood shrimp not brown and white ones or mostly white ones lol. We didn't know they were mischlings at first, thought they were CBS.

Jenbenwren

She's berried already!! And so far I've spotted around 20 gorgeous little Mischling shrimplets swimming around & grazing in the tank! 1 in particular is extremely eye catching, but I can't get a decent pic with my iPhone.

• Like 1

newbreed

Pics or it didn'thappen Jen! :)

• Like 1

Squiggle

+1! lol. Great work! :jig:

• Like 1

Jenbenwren

I managed to snap a few pics of some of her shrimplets. Sorry for the poor quality.post-868-0-61956400-1406613521_thumb.jpgpost-868-0-37569900-1406613488_thumb.jpgpost-868-0-53849400-1406613466_thumb.jpgpost-868-0-34172000-1406613437_thumb.jpgpost-868-0-03857300-1406613417_thumb.jpgpost-868-0-49078800-1406613390_thumb.jpgpost-868-0-70900400-1406613362_thumb.jpgpost-868-0-15779800-1406613348_thumb.jpgpost-868-0-16722500-1406613329_thumb.jpgpost-868-0-90613900-1406613311_thumb.jpg

Jenbenwren

Hopefully Mrs Brownnose comes out of hiding at dinner time so I can grab a pic or 2 of her with her very small load of berrys :-)

2OFUS

The last pic looks to be a baby panda

• Like 1

Jenbenwren

I haven't seen it, or the other one in the 2nd last photo, for nearly 2 days. I hope they are just hiding

newbreed

The 2nd last pic looks like shadow panda???  Awesome Jen!! Very exciting times!

• Like 1

Jenbenwren

She's only carrying about 10 this timepost-868-0-78898600-1406624412_thumb.jpg

Jenbenwren

Thanks everyone. It's very exciting waiting to see how they grow up. Mrs Brownnose has done well for hers and our first time. I even brought a little magnifying glass so I can see them a little better lol.

CNgo2006

Chances are they are just hiding. I wont see mine for days on end and then when not really looking for them there tgey are. Yep second last looks like shadow panda, last one and maybe 1st one panda. Congrats

Edited by CNgo2006
  • Like 1

Jenbenwren

I almost couldn't believe it. We always thought Mrs Brownose was our only girl, but about 2 weeks ago, our smallest 'boy' came out of hiding and 'he' had a belly full of berrys, lol! So we are eagerly awaiting the new arrivals.

Then, thanks to Mr taxman I was able to buy a few more shrimpies through Facebook. 5 CRS to go in with Miss 4's CRS & 5 Mischys. I got the best surprise ever when I got home and checked them out. Not only were they all gorgeous, but 1 of the CRS was a berried and the biggest best surprise of all. Something I thought I would only see in one of our tanks in my dreams. He'd thrown a KK in with the Mischys!! So I'm definitely a happy camper now.

And while shrimp watching last night I spotted another beautiful little shrimplet from Mrs Brownnose.post-868-0-34814100-1407615501_thumb.jpgpost-868-0-98062200-1407615526_thumb.jpgpost-868-0-45865200-1407615542_thumb.jpg