• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buck

• Squiggle

• Disciple

• newbreed

Cheers man, I'm on my first round of culling. I culled my first girl the other day, (moved her out to what will be the rili tank when I work out what colour I'm going to get) it was hard ay, but Im determined to get a good solid colour and she was to opaque.

I counted 28 shrimplets out in the open the other day so the next round of culling won't be fare off.

Im waiting on a few things so I can rescape the tank and I'll be about to see them better to make better cull choices.

I'm starting to look at the snowballs more to see what direction I'll breed them....

• 4 weeks later...

To say the shrimp where interested in the tissue cultured brownie ghost is an understatement tumblr_nfyb8cb3dU1qjnrnyo2_1280.jpg

Edited by buck

The juvies where mad keen for the left over algae I dried out  tumblr_nfyb8cb3dU1qjnrnyo1_1280.jpg

Edited by buck

SO! my yellows have had their tank rescaped recently for the new bucep I got and I’m really enjoying it, I just need time to do the snowball tank and then they will both look presentable again. I pulled the log out and gave it some time out to dry out a little and kill off the algae a little and so fare it’s looking better but im going to get some of the Easy - Life AlgExit to tame the hair algae issue I have. Not that it’s really a problem as the snowballs love it haha.

I also go hold of some Hygro Pinnatifida, I really like the look of it and hope it goes all right.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't help but buy these little beauties their my step up in to big boy shrimp and I have to say im stoked!

Great pics and a brilliant setup! Always love the yellow and red combination in a tank!

Thanks guys, huge thanks to newbreed. im so lucky to have such a strong line to start from. There super healthy, strong, eating well and generally seem to be settling in really well!

Im hoping to get better pics with less reflection and better focus.

Happy they have found a great new home. They look to have settled in really well.

These pics are already great!!

Look forward to updates.

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_nhr1m4KUCC1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

I took a gamble and swaped some snow balls for these 3 (panda, shadow panda and blue Bolt) hopefully it pays off, my little rack has been very stable for a while now (wp constant and temps 25-28 max) and the crs seem to be doing really well in with the yellows, these will be in with the snowballs. Fingers crossed at least ones a girl, but really its more of a test if they will survive my chillerless rack.

Edited by buck