• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buck

• Squiggle

• Disciple

• newbreed

tumblr_nhsz8k6Zk71qjnrnyo1_500.jpg might be wishfull thinking but I think I can see a saddle in there. Edited by buck

I snaped a few shots while I was watching for infected shrimp, seems my snowballs have some kind of bacterial infection YAY not.

Finally got hold of some IAL ( thanks to the techden).  The bacterial issue seems to have passed now, regardless I chucked a leaf in each tank as was my intention pre issue. All up I only lost 2 shrimp that I’m aware of so I don’t think that’s too bad for my first real problem in this little rack.

A couple of my CRS decided to go for a walk the other day but that happens when there is room for the to escape I guess.

I impulse bought some of the techdens mineral blocks to see how they go (http://www.thetechden.com.au/Ornamental_Shrimp_Mineral_Block_p/smb.htm)   

Edited by buck

Wow, looks like there have been plenty of changes and developments.

I hope some of the CRS get berried for you, I seem to get a fairly high percentage of females in my tank, always a good thing.

And congrats on getting some TB to try. They always surprise, I love the way their colours really develop with age.

Enjoy this stage, there will be challenges but you are in the right place to ask heaps of questions.

Great collection!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers man, its going to be slow progress but im supee excited.

With my new arrivals today I feel my little rack is way to busy, so im expanding. Current basic idea is 6 1ft wide 2ft deep bays, depending on the tanks i end up with 1.5ish high. 4ft sump, chiller big enough to do twice as much to allow for stage 2. Thats as fare as the concrete plans goes haha ill probably start a new thread when it develops further... Just had to post a teaser.

tumblr_niiqmrteo81qjnrnyo1_500.jpg teco TR10+heater, this hot weather has got the better of me so I picked his bad boy up this arvo! Its over kill on my little rack and ill be geting a bigger one for my new rack but it was a good price and ill be able to live with less stress knowing the temp is spot on now in the hot or cold! Over the next few day ill be droping the temp down from its current 29 too 24, im sure my few tb and my little group of crs will be way happier. Edited by buck

Haha yea its going to be So much more fun! ill still have the little rack for selective breeding!

Very nice man. Cant wait for the next journal

Over the next few day ill be droping the temp down from its current 29 too 24, im sure my few tb and my little group of crs will be way happier.

You had your tbs and crs in 29 degrees C? Wow... my shrimps were dying until I got a chiller. :-(

Yeah I got them as a see how they go kind of thing but now im so paranoid about lossing them / want more lol

Goku_laughing.png

Edited by buck