Arrrgh! Egg droppers!

CNgo2006

Hi guys,

Just wanted to vent out my frustration...after patiently waiting to see if my oebt would ever berry up...she finally did only to find she had dropped them all next day, I thought oh well may just be her first berry so let it go as unexperienced mum. She then berried up a second time and yep you guessed it no more eggs next day, Argggggh! I have my oebt in with snows and blondes that are seperated and they never drop their eggs. Why is it always the one you want the most to have no problems always be the one that does! I know although she is quite a big girl she may just be a young mumma and will eventually get there (hopefully).

PS. I think you sent me a dud girl! You know who you are...lol!

• HOF Member

Know that feeling I have a giant Tibee that drops her eggs every time. Sometimes holds for 2 weeks but then still drops them just as I'm getting excited- she isn't young anymore so that's not her excuse and she has NEVER carried full term!! :growl:

Tell me about it my trio of yellow won't breed and when they are berried couple days later she drops them all -.-

PS. I think you sent me a dud girl! You know who you are...lol!

:ass: LOL, a good hobbyist never blames his shrimps. If all the WP are good, its unusual for her to drop her eggs. I think you need to buy more OEBT's .... :lol:

Do you guys add mineral powder religiously ? I think the Mosura gravidos may also help....every tank is so differently, and it's difficult to pin point the exact cause. I also use the benibachi shrimp water...can't proof it does magic, but they all work well for me.

As said she is the only one in the tank that drops her eggs...I hope she drops this bad habit of hers soon. I do use mineral powder weekly. Tonic pro, bee max, etc...

Yeah I had a problem with that a while back &, as BB said, found it was due to water! :thumbsu:

• HOF Member

My female is in with breeders and lots of babies so must just be her. I add weekly minerals after water change.