KillieOrCory

Wood placement

post-489-14064377716_thumb.jpg

From the living room

post-489-140643779285_thumb.jpg

From the lounge room

post-489-140643781714_thumb.jpg

View from the top

Looking good mate, but how did you get the pic from the top.

It looks mighty cramped up there lol.

Cheers mick

Lol! Yes it is a bit cramped but not too bad! I still can reach to all areas from both sides.

Access is through the doors on the side.

post-489-140645019547_thumb.jpg

A little bit of water in

post-489-140645022547_thumb.jpg

post-489-14064578658_thumb.jpg

I got some tissue culture crypts; parva, balansae and red undulata.

I also have 3 other types of crypts that are going to go in.

Micro sword, vallisanaria nana, couple of swords, Barclaya.

On the wood: anubias nana, another larger anubias, bolbitis, thin java fern, and some buce's.

• Like 1

Good choice of plants. Will look great and be relatively low maintainence.

Fantastic stuff dude, looks absolutely stunning! You must be very excited to get this finished! :jig:

Thanks guys! :D

I haven't started planting yet! Hopefully will start tonight a little bit. Have 2 classes to teach so Tuesday night is looking better, but I probably won't be able to resist planting a few tonight!!!

This is going to look mint cant wait to see it in 6 months when the plants grow out

The tissue cultures came from my LFS. They are from the tissue culture range Aquarium Industries started to do. If your LFS get fish from AI they should be able to order in the tissue culture plants too.

post-489-140663895834_thumb.jpg

C.parva

post-489-140663898824_thumb.jpg

C.undulata Red

Sneak peaks!

IMG_4500_zpsc70c7125.jpg

Swords

IMG_4501_zps11c5564e.jpg

Stem plants! These are here to help stabilize the tank. Most likely will move them out later.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Well once again long time no update :P

The tank is going well. And a few plants made it into the tank early on.

IMG_4629_zpsb361ab67.jpg

IMG_4696_zps1ed0d512.jpg

Also started attaching a few types of plants to the driftwood

IMG_4671_zps3248a061.jpg

These are mini/pygmy jave fern plantlets. The driftwood has a lot of natural cracks and crevices so I simply pushed the rhizomes in.

Also attached a few tissue cultured Buce's on the the driftwood, but this time I used superglue

IMG_4646_zpsa0383045.jpg

Overtime I added more plants

IMG_4697_zpscce01db9.jpg

I had issues with some of my tissue cultured C.parva. It was my fault really as I was busy and not planted them in straight away, I left them on a bright windowsill without direct sunlight! Only to discover a few days later that part of the day there is direct sunlight in that part of the house! : CRAZY :: CRY :

Oh well! Some of the parva was not looking good by the time I noticed that and I put them in the tank anyway but completely lost some of them and some of the others recovered.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow dude, that looks fantastic! Can't wait to see all the plants grown in, should look stunning. :thumbsu:

• 1 month later...

I can't wait to see this in another year!  I've completely stripped my Aqua 850 with the intention of starting it up again.  The power head has died from it's filtration but I found the water gurgling too noisy anyway and would turn it off at night.  I'm buying a new canister this week.  My old one doens't have UV and after seeing the restriction of algae growth from my ex's tank I'm sold.  Also easier than trying to attach a unit to the out flow as the whole wall has furniture against it so getting to the back is a problem.  I just need to pop a couple of holes in the lids to accommodate the pipes.  Rather excited about this but unsure what to put in it this time.

Definitely agree, can't wait to see this in a year. Also, can't wait to see your tank journal thread Pyriel, sounds like it will be a very cool setup. :thumbsu:

Thank you :thumbsu:

Looking forward to seeing your post/s about your new tank Pyriel.

Couple of progress shots a few weeks apart

IMG_4966_zpscafb3b79.jpg

IMG_5105_zpse188184f.jpg

• 1 month later...