How to tell colour from shrimplets

daimen

Hi guys I have velvet cherries that have had babies I'm seeing some babies with red lines through them and no real blue. Should I wait longer for the blue to come through or cull them straight away?

Im wondering the same at the moment how young is too young? Do patterns/colour improve greatly enough to go to the cichlids lol

There's really no rush to cull prior to them reaching their reproductive age. When they're 7-8mm, that perhaps a good time to cull.

Also, it all depends on the stage of your program. Some of the shrimps that I've culled too early, ended up back to my selective program.

I'm really just trying to keep the blue that I already have. They are about 3 weeks old. And some are growing fast.

They won't be ready to breed till about 2-3mths, so as BB said, just leave them for now as they'll have no impact on the breeding of your blues. You might need another tank for them if they have good enough patterns! :D

I have a cull tank. I'm working on getting a aqua one betta trio. For a few crystals and maybe some of my better cherries. But of course this all depends on the keeper of finances

• Like 1