Iwagumi build

petfish

Starting another planted tank, iwagumi style this time,the tank is a starefire 4x18x20 that I built, it is sitting on a cabinet that I built, next to the tank is a cabinet, purpose built to hide all the goodies to run the tank.post-846-0-38171000-1401445641_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-00144700-1401445657_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Added the base substrate, aquael grunt, the next layers are a mix of aquael floran and my own homemade substrate then a thin layer of Ista plant substrate over that, have added the rocks but I am a couple short on the right side so of to work (The TechDen) tomorrow to get a couple more. .post-846-0-49655400-1401446152_thumb.jpg

Edited by petfish
  • Like 1

The background was thanks to Jayc's thread on his 3' build , thanks for that Jayc , I really like it, couldn't wait for you to show us how so I just improvised.

• Like 1

• HOF Member

Should look great when its finished. Like the neat cupboard too!

The background was thanks to Jayc's thread on his 3' build , thanks for that Jayc , I really like it, couldn't wait for you to show us how so I just improvised.

I should get off my  :ass: and show you.

This weekend I promise.

But you've done a great job.  :thumbsu:

<edit - how to is up on my thread if you wanted to know>

Edited by jayc

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a bit of an update, doing dry start and all seems to be going well, this is my first time at a d.s.m. Tank.post-846-0-43847000-1402648203_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-93250800-1402648218_thumb.jpg

Edited by petfish
  • Like 5

That's amazing!!

That's amazing!!

thanx,the hc was from aquathumb (Aaron) very happy with it, up the back of rocks is jap. h/grass and micro swords, very hard just waiting for it to grow in abit before flooding though  :blink:

Edited by petfish

• 3 weeks later...

Well I couldn't wait any longer, I have flooded the tank, next step is to choose fish, was thinking, 1 species of tetra and some otto's, daughter wants a school of rummy nose ? Maybe as I like them to.post-846-0-04514000-1404379661_thumb.jpg

Edited by petfish
  • Like 3

yeah, like cardinals to, would like to get the ( flock of birds )look, so tottally undecided yet.

• 2 weeks later...

well i ended up putting 40 rasbora hengeli, 30 cardinal's, 4 borneo suckers and 3 otto's in, i'll throw a pic up as soon as i get a chance.

• Like 1

Nice tank.

If you wanted the "flock of birds" look, I wonder if marble Hatchet fish would have been a better choice, as their larger pectoral fins would flap like birds wings.

Nice tank.

If you wanted the "flock of birds" look, I wonder if marble Hatchet fish would have been a better choice, as their larger pectoral fins would flap like birds wings.

yeah, i asked about them but the w/saler/importer that i know didn't have any. :unhappy:

You could have gotten actual flying fish. Lol.! Very nice btw

Edited by CNgo2006