Hello

Sim

Hello people's I'm Simon I'm from penrith Sydney and I'm just about to get into shrimp I just bought my shrimp tank the other day and will b setting it up in the next couple of days I first want to try with some crs prob some sss so ill be looking around in the next couple of weeks it would b appreciated cheers

Welcome to SKF Simon :). Im sure you will love it here and im looking forward to seeing your new setup. Have you kept shrimp before at all? If not, i strongly advise you not to get into SSS grade straight away as it will probably lead to much dissapointment and money wasted. Try some cherry shrimp + variants or even A/B/S grade CBS or CRS first.

heya simon and welcome to the forum..

ill second what loach said definantly start slow. when i first started i wanted to run in guns blazing and lost alot of shrimp and money..

i nearly gave up on the poor little shrimp a couple times..

if u start of on lower grades which are a little more hardy until you get the hang of it properly you will have more of a chance of keeping the sss alive...

also make sure you have all the necessities. RO water and what you choose to reminiralise it with, your tank is cycled, proper filtration,water parameters are all exact and stable..

good luck and all the best with ur shrimps..

Hi Simon welcom to SKF, Mate a lot of expert information is available on this forum, please don't be affraid and ask questions no matter how trivial you may think they are. We are all here to help everyone to enjoy our hobby, Regards

Hi again thanks guys for your warm welcoming and info and no iv never kept shrimp before I mainly just keep discus and a few catfish at the moment but yeh I'll take your advise on and start with some a or s grade crs just a question what is different about keeping the A grades and the sss grade cheers Simon

Welcome to SKF Simon! Good thing you're checking here before you start your shrimp adventure.

I totally agree with Loach that you should start with lower grades first. The difference is really the cost. An A grade CRS can be around $5-10 where as a SSS grade can go from $80-120, CBS and other rare shrimps will be even more $$$. As CRS/CBS shrimp tanks are more challenging to start and maintain, you'd best be learning with lower grades and keep it simple.

Hey mate welcome to the forum :)

As loach suggested. Getting high grade CRS to start off with tends to lead to heart aches and people giving up because they had invested so much money for things not to turn out right.

Start off with a few Cherries for awhile until you get everything sorted then look at upgrading your stock.

Just a suggestion! Your tank!

Welcome again