Something to be aware of

newbreed

Hey all,

Using a new Aquamanta TH 300, 300w Titanium heater with electric thermostat.

Brilliant accurate unit, but something that everyone should be aware of if using this unit, when it is switched off at the power point, it automatically resets itself to a temperature setting of 26 degrees.

I found this out, by pure luck, when migrating my shrimps to the rack. Glad I did a last minute temperature check before leaving for night!

Like I said, great unit, just be aware of default temp setting! Cheers

• Like 1

Does that mean every time you have a power outage the temp is set to 26?

Unsure, have only tested deliberate switch off. Will advise when we have an outage on the result.

Won't be able to leave it in if I am away for more than a day or two. Unless I have a well trained baby sitter. Won't be an issue in my discus tank! :)

If it's an issue, maybe hook up an external temperature controller as a failsafe.

Also, I'd love to see pics of your discus tank.

Not a major issue, will move it out of the sump this weekend. Worth spending another $40 on another heater to be on the safe side.

The discus tank isn't too exciting, but will see what I can do. You may need to remind me, they don't get as much attention these days!

Edited by newbreed

Unsure, have only tested deliberate switch off. Will advise when we have an outage on the result.

I'd say it would be the same as an outage. Switching it off at the power point and power outage will essentially be the same to the heater unit. No power is no power.

If you have safety switches in your meter box, could you click the switch off for the one that's connected to the power outlet and area the heaters connected to , to simulate a power out?

• Like 1

May give it a go. Think my mind is made up this is not ideal for the sump. Will change it out to discus tank this weekend.