Sign in to follow this  
Lozza

my first shrimp. blue gene red rillis

revolutionhope

hello lozza im very interested to see what becomes of the black saddle and eggs! im yet to discover that since my journey with blue gene red rilis began in february this year. i found one that has interesting markings but also a black section where the saddle should be but the black area stretches all the way around the shrimp so it's definitely not a saddle! i also had one appear which has a very deep dark blue section on its tail and quite a bright light blue colour on the rest of it.

i will be very interested to see what your black eggs turn out to look like i think you should definitely seperate them if you can. so far ive only seen yellow and red eggs.

love n peace

will

post-1275-0-15953600-1432563615_thumb.jp

post-1275-0-65782900-1432563702_thumb.jp

post-1275-0-15953600-1432563615_thumb.jp

post-1275-0-65782900-1432563702_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Matuva

Funny how your shrimps look like my blue pearls with black saddle...

• Like 1

ineke

post-413-0-26508200-1432635487_thumb.jpgpost-413-0-89364200-1432635503_thumb.jpg

Not good pictures but these are from red Rili blue gene

post-413-0-26508200-1432635487_thumb.jpg

post-413-0-89364200-1432635503_thumb.jpg

Lozza

yours have the navy blue through them too Ineke :) I need to buy a macro lens for my DSLR camera.  drives me crazy trying to get clear photos. the deep rich blue never shows up when I take photos of them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• DEL 707
      Not going to lie, this is giving me a headache. Just want a nice planted tank with fish and shrimp. 🤨 At the moment it looks like it have to either pick 1 or the other. Would this be a solution. Use Seachems Equilibrium and KH products to bring my GH and KH up to 4, then use that Shrimp King Mineral Fluid Double, to bring the GH up to 6. That would make sure that there are at least some minerals for the shrimp.
    • Matuva
      Hi there buddies wanted to show you pics of pipefishes I caught in the wild, Microphis brachyurus and Microphis cruentus. Unfortunately, I now exceed the limit quota of attachments on my profile. Will try to fix that issue ...
    • Crabclaw
      My vote is for Endlers. Mine are the most fascinating (from a fish lovers point of view here) and cute fish in my tank, but I reckon they would be perfect for you, as mine are constantly picking on stuff! They’re the only fish who eat my dreaded snail eggs (on the glass and other surfaces) which I love! Plus you don’t need heaps. Males are small if you just want them for this. And you will be able to get them anywhere.   I have a school of 20 embers in my tank, but I rarely see them hunting in any manner, much less on surfaces.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      In case it helps I have looked up the figures of the 2 tanks with cherry shrimp in them and they are as follows, Main tank     PH7,, GH5, KH2, TDS 225 (mixed water) Betta tank  PH7.5, GH6, KH3, TDS 222 (tap water + mineraliser) They are fairly similar to each other but neither is really in the 'IDEAL' recommendation range of CHERRY shrimp ,so it confirms that cherry shrimp are more adaptable and can thrive even outside those 'IDEAL' parameters? I suppose neither are that far out but it just shows there is a bit less necessity to get everything 100%, though if you aim for perfect you will probably get better results all round? Simon
    • jayc
      Oh, if you are planning on keeping Cherry shrimp aim for 6-8GH as Simon said above.