Hey everyone!

winnalit

Hi everyone new here :)

Wanted to get into some harder shrimp, i own a 10g with average red cherries at the moment. Want to get into CRS, bluebolts. I have kept fish for a couple of years, own a 3ft high tech planted tank too so i know about water parameters etc.

Just have a couple of questions

Whats a pinto shrimp? seen some around forums they have nice looking pattern

Are taiwan bees a specific species or more of a category? i think i read somewhere that their King kings, shadow pandas and others

i know they used to be but are marimo moss balls currently illegal in australia to own?

Thanks!

Edited by fishmosy

Hey welcome to the forum.

With regards to marimo, they are technically illegally in Australia and SKF has taken the stance of not discussing or showing pictures of them any further than I have already.

You should find plenty of info on pintos and other shrimp variants as the forum open ups for you.

Welcome to SKF....this chart will help explain things....

84a8a04276e3522b2af3169996cd8d8e.jpg

Welcome to the forum, definitely off to a good start by asking lots of questions, we don't believe in dumb questions here so ask away! :D

There are two main types of pinto & they are a cross bred mix of Caridina spp, there's Zebra & Spotted Head Pintos. There is a new variety appearing recently called a Skunk Pinto, but they are a very new variation. I've put a pic below to help clear it up.

As we have very strict import laws we have to create our own PRL lines & there are a few breeders working on this. Same reasons we don't talk about the balls that shall not be named, don't want any unnecessary attention from Da Man! :lol:

Zebra & spotted Head Pintos bred by Ol Gan from Germany.

image_zps83d48b71.jpg

Skunk Pinto bred by Waldemar Kolecki from Poland.

image_zpsdda4c7f8.jpg

Edited by Squiggle