Sign in to follow this  
Squiggle

OMG, stunning is the only word for it!

Squiggle

There's nothing I can add as the heading says it all, this is from a guy named Herry Rasio, great work! :D

image_zps60727e9f.jpg

• Like 5

Shrimp Aqua

Hey Jay, been doing scapes like this for years, easyyyyy in my dreams.

Squiggle

Hahaha, yeah it can whip one up in a matter of minutes too, in my dreams! :D

Edited by Squiggle
Spelling gumby!

BlueBolts

Wow, thanks for sharing...absolutely incredible the effort out into the scape.....

BristledOne

That's beautiful! that must have taken so long to make

newbreed

I wish I has the patience, eye for detail and creative brain to be able to produce an astounding piece of scaping like this! Thanks for sharing Jay! :bow: :bow:

Ronskitz

Awesome Jay cheers for sharing :)

OzShrimp

That does look pretty cool, i think with trees and what not half the problem is finding the right driftwood which looks right 

Squiggle

Definitely agree with you there dude.

yeswaitnosorry

:bow:  fabulous!

shrimpstan

He must have been stoked to find the driftwood for this scape. Perfect!!

Jenbenwren

That's gorgeous!!!

Gbang

wow!!! thats amazing!!!

Tankeyone

holy sweet mother of God that is amazing...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• jayc
      ✌️   Absolutely only use bleach as the last resort, with nothing in the tank. (6parts water to 1part bleach for future reference). Even white vinegar is safer and probably just as effective for removal of planaria and worms. After you clear the old tank of gravel, give the glass a quick wipe with a vinegar soaked kitchen paper towel. Rinse and let dry in the sun. Use vinegar if that wasn't clear.   Set up the new tank as desired. If your other tanks are free of pests, you can use the filter media to seed this new tank. Wash the filter media in the water of the new tank. Yes, it will be dirty for a while, but you will have seeded it with millions of beneficial bacteria and probably cycle the new tank in a week.   PRL, real PRL, are pretty rare in Aus.  They will demand a high price for them, so check the legitimacy of the PRL. Find out the PRL history. Nice looking CRS is not the same as PRL.     
    • DEL 707
      Thanks. Think I'm going to order from Pro Shrimp, get 5 cheeries and 3 amano, just to play it safe.
    • Crabclaw
      Dang I thought u might say that... for some reason the guy at my rlfs (relatively local fish store) recommended them instead of honey gouramis as a bit of a feature fish. Are there any other ‘feature fish’ style fish that wouldn’t munch on my shrimp, or should I just have my endler trio? I’ll check out the page.
    • incomplet
      Hi Simon,  Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been using the GenChem No Planaria; honestly it worked so well the first time and most of the snail population/worms all disappeared and i tried to remove most of the larger rotting worms but didn't have a single casualty, they were Neocaridinas and i guess they were much hardier. But i did notice the packet wasn't sealed properly when I went back to use it a few months later. I haven't seen the SLAqua Z1 available in Australia before.  I used to own a marine aquarium previously with fish only; then i changed after a few years to a planted aquarium with CO2 and then to a smaller set up with shrimp. Currently have three tanks (2 foot with RC Shrimp, 1 foot cube with BB and another 1 foot cube with CBS); I've never had to really restart a tank but would rather consult SKF then have a crack at it myself. I wasn't use if using bleach to rid of all the hitch hikers was the right method. And i have no idea what ratio of bleach to water I should be using for a 27L cube. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  Yeah i think RO water at stage 6 would be a bit over kill; especially with the time it takes to make the water. Thanks for that. I've got about 40-50 with about 10 as breeding adults and the rest as juveniles still; I'm not a picky person when it comes to culling; I'm enjoying the hobby not as breeder to sell to others. I'd figure it would be good fun to pass the time, water changes and watching the little fellas shrimp around picking and prodding at things. Also i have no idea about the F1, cross breeding, taibees, taitibees, etc. just more interested in seeing the differing colors.  I set up the CBS and BB tanks at the same time which also sit next to each other; the CBS population has exploded to about 100+ shrimp where the BB is a bit slower. Is that quite common; are BB more fragile? I thought about trying to have a got at PRL. Any advice? Cheers, Dan Hey jayc, Thanks for that; phew lucky i bought a spare way nack. Yeha i have lots of denitrate left over. Also hello fellow Sydney-Sider! Dan
    • jayc
      There are so many varieties of food you can be feeding them. Have a read of this Food & Nutrition section for more ideas. Leaves, flowers, vege scraps. Frozen bloodworms. Bee Pollen.