Must read , guys went from zero to 20 berried shrimp in 2 days

Dable

Hey guys I just wanted to share something quite odd that's been happening in one of my tanks, I have been talking to Squiggs and gbang a lot about this so here it goes I have a 20g tank at home along with 4 other 50 gallon tanks , in the 20g tank it has yellow and red cherries separated with a divider and airflow holes etc , ALL tanks are IDENTICAL in wp's and get the same doses of mineral and on the same feed schedule etc. So only difference is one is 20 g rest are 50 g .. Oh and also the 20g tank has diatom on back glass .. I noticed that the cherry tank was at a complete standstill with breeding since the shrimp entered the tank about 6 weeks ago I have heaps saddled and plenty males but nothing berrying, at all!! So 3 days ago I took out 2-3 pairs of yellows and red put them into a different 50 g tank next morning all berried!! Then I took another dozen pairs and the next day ALL berried!! I have noticed that some of my shrimp in the 20 g tank that are left are starting to display muscular necrosis ( going milky white in body) is this why they havnt bred? How could this have started all my parameters are perfect in the tanks could the diatoms be causing the disease?? Has anyone experienced a drastic fertility increase when just moving shrimp in a different tank?

I have a 20g tank at home along with 4 other 50 gallon tanks ' date=' in the 20g tank it has yellow and red cherries separated with a divider and airflow holes etc , ALL tanks are IDENTICAL in wp's [/quote']

That's good news with the berried shrimp.

Your WP might be identical, but what is your WP?

What are you measuring?

Quickly, perform a water change in the 20g tank. If you shrimps are showing muscular necrosis, then poor water parameters is a likely cause.

It might be a parameter that you aren't testing or have a kit to test.

, ALL tanks are IDENTICAL in wp's and get the same doses of mineral So only difference is one is 20 g rest are 50 g
May sound like a silly question but you are adjusting doses for 20g and not dosing the same as 50g tanks?