Choosing cherry males to go with the red girls?

doctr-dan

Hi guys when I pulled down my 4ft and sold it off I caught the really red ones out and put them in a separate tank I had, the rest have just been in a bucket outside.

the thing is I think all the nice reds in the tank are females.

I was thinking of going through the bucket and picking out some males to get breeding again.

So I was after some tips on choosing some nice males, I don't think there much red in them.......

If you're going to selective breed them (or any shrimps), it's best to be able to get your hands on the best you can. Keeps the dedication strong and the journey fruitful. Otherwise, it may all,get frustrating IMO. Even if you start with a colony of 1-2 males, and some females.....it's all you really need, it's all about quality. Then we can end up with a tank like this..

983beee5fec1af4e850e69c1bacbbceb.jpg

Post some pics of your females, and perhaps we can help with the males ?

love reds cherry there. im still working on mine too. the male seems doesnt have strong colour yet though. i think still need hard work to make them more solids and stunning colour like that :)getting more tank ^^

If you're going to selective breed them (or any shrimps), it's best to be able to get your hands on the best you can. Keeps the dedication strong and the journey fruitful. Otherwise, it may all,get frustrating IMO. Even if you start with a colony of 1-2 males, and some females.....it's all you really need, it's all about quality. Then we can end up with a tank like this..983beee5fec1af4e850e69c1bacbbceb.jpgPost some pics of your females, and perhaps we can help with the males ?

Well none of mine are that good ha ha

A few quick snaps with the phone,

83DC9D69-AD4F-4BF4-B1C1-0F244867F2C8_zpsvcgd8vmi.jpg9878CFBD-BD94-47FE-ADA7-E25747067B76_zpsnn8ybo1p.jpg0FE394D2-6749-4CF6-8AEC-B136E2B57B60_zpswideuxr9.jpg35D14497-24C2-46F5-935B-9C402D618F13_zps09cvksag.jpg257E71C3-D335-4741-83D1-99AE7EFE4619_zpsgkj0j8nz.jpg

There's a few others as well plus a few that aren't red but have a bluish tinge to there body

Very nice solid colours there doctr-dan. Look forward to seeing who you pair them up with.

Can anyone hook me up with a few good quality red cherry males?

• 2 weeks later...

fire reds are on the list of shimps to have for sure, they look awesome

If you're going to selective breed them (or any shrimps), it's best to be able to get your hands on the best you can. Keeps the dedication strong and the journey fruitful. Otherwise, it may all,get frustrating IMO. Even if you start with a colony of 1-2 males, and some females.....it's all you really need, it's all about quality. Then we can end up with a tank like this..
983beee5fec1af4e850e69c1bacbbceb.jpg

Post some pics of your females, and perhaps we can help with the males ?