Cherry loosing colour

BlueBolts

Noticed last week that my cherries were loosing its colour and intensity. My cherries are housed with my TB & Tiger, and so they take precedence, thus their TDS, GH & KH is low in comparison..... Added some mineral powder, and within 24 hours, they gained their colour and intensity again.......just a mention to fellow shrimpers :-)

That's a great tip bb, i had molting problems and done the same thing and it worked.

Cheers mick

Awesome tip BB, Benibachi mineral powder is an awesome addition to any shrimpers shelf of goodies. :victorious:

Awesome tip bb, how often do u guys dose the minerals? And do u mean minerals like salty shrimp or shirakura ca plus or as squiggle said benibachi mineral powder? Or are there specific minerals that are used between WC's

I use the benibachi mineral powder.... With a new tank (mineral powder on base of buffering soil, I may only add 1/2 the recommends dosage once a month, but as the soil struggles to buffer, I do it weekly/fortnight. :-)

Cool so sorry if this is a silly question but how does something like benibachi mineral powder differ from salty shrimp or shirakura ca plus , are this different minerals that don't affect gh tds etc?

TDS must be increased and guess GH either. I am wondering what's the difference between those mineral powder and salty shrimp too.

Salty Shrimp adds the essential minerals to the water, has a massive effect on TDS & gets the GH & KH to the correct levels. Benibachi mineral powder(Micronection) is a suppliment & adds trace minerals & elements that are depleted when used by shrimp for moulting etc & has a minimal effect on TDS, GH & KH. :encouragement:

How do you guys even get cherries to live in low pH? Whenever I try they just die.