The Great Oz Shrimp Off!! - APRIL PHOTO COMPETITION

newbreed

Hello everyone.

Thank you all for voting for your favourite photo subjects, your feedback has helped guide the direction of this competition.

It is titled "The Great Oz Shrimp Off!!" thanks to the idea being floated by OzShrimp himself!

So it begins......

This will be a monthly competition, with a varied subject matter to be photographed and posted in the competition thread. The idea is to have a competition that everyone will be able to participate in at some point throughout the year.

The winner will be decided by a vote by SKF members, as such mods and admin are invited to join in the fun also, as the decision of winner is out of their hands!

The winner is not decided by the best photography skills or the best bred shrimp, but by peer voting! Each member will have two votes (so you can vote for your own submission!!) in the deciding poll, to choose your favourite photo.

The normal timeframes for this competition will be one week to submit the photo, then one week for voting. But to get the ball rolling, you will all have until *** 9pm AEST Saturday 3rd May *** to post your competition picture.

Terms and Conditions of entry are as follows:

# Entry is open to SKF members with a post count of 25 or above

# No Photo-shopped entries will be accepted

# One photo only per member can be submitted

# The same photo cannot be used in subsequent rounds

# Photos already posted on the forum are not to be used in the competition, new photos each time

# The photo must be of your own shrimp (a chance to show off one of your favourites)

# Each entrant needs to take a full tank shot of the tank their entry comes from, for confirmation purposes (where required). This full tank shot does not need to be posted in the competition thread but held onto in case of authentication being requested by mods or admin. This photo must clearly show your username and month of competition.

Subject of this Month's Competition:

Taiwan Bee (KK,WR,RR,Panda,BB, GH)

The Prize for April Competition!

Aside from the prestige of winning a monthly competition on an awesome forum, the prize this month will be 2 confirmed female F7 Mischlings (from Chi's line)

The prizes and subject will change each month....

The rest is up to you!!! Please be sure to post your competition photos in this thread, thanks!! :)

Lol!!!:violin:

How do u win a tb photo comp if you have no twb ;)

Aside from the prestige of winning a monthly competition on an awesome forum, the prize this month will be 2 confirmed female F7 Mischlings (from Chi's line) If the winner does not own TB, I will also throw in a couple of F7 Mischling males, then you will be able to breed your own!!

Hehe!

Terms adjusted :slaphead:

You forgot "Green Hulk" just for BB...

Is there a limit to the number of entries/photos a member can enter per competiton...

Aargh! I am so forgetful! Will adjust original post now! One photo only per member! Cheers

• HOF Member

Can we use a picture that we have taken earlier or does it need to be a new and current picture?

To help make it easier on identifying members and their shrimp (well on another forum their fish mostly) they have where you must supply a pic containing your user name and the current date along with the entry pic.

As an example (PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT MY ACTUAL ENTRY)

P1060721.jpg

because fish and shrimp wont stay still they allow the confirmation picture like the above one, especially if it shows certain distinguishing structures to prove its a photo of the same tank

P1060672.jpg

Just thought it might make it a little easier to identify each member and the shrimp photographed and if another members/ persons shrimp have been used.

Can we use a picture that we have taken earlier or does it need to be a new and current picture?
It will need to be a new and current picture each time. Sorry.
To help make it easier on identifying members and their shrimp (well on another forum their fish mostly) they have where you must supply a pic containing your user name and the current date along with the entry pic. As an example (PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT MY ACTUAL ENTRY)P1060721.jpgbecause fish and shrimp wont stay still they allow the confirmation picture like the above one' date= especially if it shows certain distinguishing structures to prove its a photo of the same tankP1060672.jpgJust thought it might make it a little easier to identify each member and the shrimp photographed and if another members/ persons shrimp have been used.
I was hoping to keep this as a trust exercise but do like the idea of the above. I will adjust the terms and conditions to include the following: each entrant needs to take a full tank shot of the tank their entry comes from, for confirmation purposes (where required). This full tank shot does not need to be posted in the competition thread but held onto in case of authentication being requested by mods or admin.Thanks for the quick feedback guys and girls!

• HOF Member

All good still have same shrimp just don't know if I can get him to pose so nicely again .:)

Good luck with the comp everybody, I am ruled out because I don't have any of this months subject shrimp and no one I know up here has them let alone heard of them.

But watch out when its the natives turn ;)

Good luck with the comp everybody' date=' I am ruled out because I don't have any of this months subject shrimp and no one I know up here has them let alone heard of them.

But watch out when its the natives turn ;)[/quote']

Dont worry mate i am ruled out to :P

I think that full tank shot as well is a very good idea Baccus !

I personally dont like that you can take a photo of someone elses shrimp. Nothing personal but when i thought of the comp the idea in mind was that you get to show off one of your favourite shrimp of that type that you have bred/own :). It can also create issues in its own sense for example, if the month theres 5 people who are best friends with breeder they get to go take a photo but a new member isnt known to them or the breeder hates them they wont get that opportunity lol.

Its sort of like a dog show lol you dont take someone else's dog to compete if that makes sense

Just my thoughts :)

Good point, it was altered in an attempt to open up communication between members and to give more members, each round, the opportunity to enter.

As the prizes, in the months were there will be prizes, will be related to the subject strain, in an effort to strengthen genetic pool or assist in their upkeep, it would seem silly to enter photos of someone elses shrimp only to win a prize that you can't yourself use.

The final update to the rules will read : Photos must be of your own shrimp

This will then provide a platform to show off your favourite and you will then be competing against/with like minded shrimp keepers with similar interests in that species, that round.

No further alterations will be made to the terms and conditions.

Start taking those TB photos everyone!

Enjoy!! :)

A shame I lost all my tb last year so Im out this round.

The next round will be here before you know it. Sorry to hear of your losses mate!

Makes sense to have prizes related to the subject matter, pretty pointless say me winning TB's or the like when I'm not set up for them and all the fancy shrimp hate central QLD heat. And much fairer to have to own the shrimp your entering.

I will be waiting with baited breath for the natives to have a shot at stardom!

• HOF Member

I think there would only be a few of us that would have some shrimp from every category so we will all have months of just enjoying seeing other entrants shrimp.:)

The months that you can't post a pic you can still participate by voting for the winner!!

• 2 weeks later...

There has been a bit of confusion with us running two competitions at once, sorry about that!

I have extended the Photo Competition entry cut off until Saturday 3rd May @ 9pm.

Cheers. :)

PS Dont forget to vote for the winner of the Shrimp Sketch Off comp!!

Nice start ineke, I'm out this month, but just wait lol, keep the entries coming people we all love to see pics.

Cheers mick

• HOF Member

just cant seem to get any decent pictures -if I catch the shrimp out I can't get a good angle and if they are in the tank they are usually too far back or I get a shadow line -it's all to do with the photgrapher not the camera :beer:

Its a great shot! Beautiful subject too! Stunning colouration!