Slin1977- Advanced Bee Keeping

slin1977

So this is one way to make bees angry.... Put them in a tiny cage .....

Kind of reminds me when I was 10 years old and tormented a wild bee hive.

Was chased for about a hundred meters and decided to stop running thinking I had lost them, needless to say was stung a further eleven times on my arms and legs. Lesson learnt , don't make bees angry.

But can't help it.... With a tank full of my Endler hybrids I can't risk leaving her in there.... So I take my chances,

This F3 tibee is nearly ready to drop in say a week. Hold fingers for me and her.

She is mighty peeved at being moved to the maternity ward!!!

image_zpsc31cf6e6.jpg

Edited by slin1977
  • Like 1

Angry bees have calmed down and settled into the maternity ward.

Looks like all berrys are with mumma and looking good , surprises await us for the birth.

Could be one from one of two males... kk phenotype or tibee CBS phenotype.

• 2 weeks later...

Some nice patterns appeared from the drop as well as some traditional ones.

Let's hope they grow up quick.

Now to search for a mate to put with her for round 2

Loving your work mate!

• Like 1

By describing exactly what you see forces you to see a lot of things.

I am now convinced that it was the King Kong mishling male that bred with this tibee pictured above.

Since the female tibee contains mishling , tiger and TB I guess that there are no surprises that this drop contains my very first pinto bees. From what I can see from the drop are at least one titaibee pinto, two very nice zebra pinto, a red tibee that looks like a standard cherry , some golden white tibee, some fancy tibee.

I am not too sure if the red tibee is a cherry that hitchhiked over on a piece of mini pellia????

What I can say is that I love Tibees , the patterns, the surprises and future of strengthening the depth of colour all coming together as my breeding program starts to take hold.

By describing exactly what you see forces you to see a lot of things.

I am now convinced that it was the King Kong mishling male that bred with this tibee pictured above.

Since the female tibee contains mishling , tiger and TB I guess that there are no surprises that this drop contains my very first pinto bees. From what I can see from the drop are at least one titaibee pinto, two very nice zebra pinto, a red tibee that looks like a standard cherry , some golden white tibee, some fancy tibee.

I am not too sure if the red tibee is a cherry that hitchhiked over on a piece of mini pellia????

What I can say is that I love Tibees , the patterns, the surprises and future of strengthening the depth of colour all coming together as my breeding program starts to take hold.

You know the saying about pics don't you?lol

Uh oh nils, you better post some pics, the shrimp police is on you ...lol

Edited by BlueBolts

You know the saying about pics don't you?lol

Yap! Time to bust out the Macro on week old bubs! Let's see what this piece of kit can do.

Very cool pics dude, looking forward to seeing these all grown up & some pretty patterns emerging! :thumbsu:

Hello shrimpkeepers, after the recent drop of bubs pictured above I can share some breaking news.

I quickly checked the tank this morning to find Miss Angry Bee berried .

Hahaha this time it was an arranged marriage.

How does F1 pinto x CRS dad sound for a bit of fun?

Countdown begins today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys n gals.... I would like to play a game with you:

It's called " what bee is this"

I'll post a photo of my bee and you tell me what it is.

Anyone in ?????????

I'm in, BUT is there a prize involved  : GRIMACE :

:-) games are games but competitions deserve prizes :-)

Let's see if this kicks off or fizzles out .... Kicks off and I'll give a sweet ass prize, fizzles out I pack the bee hive away , feed the 1.4 million dollar shrimp to the fish and cut my losses.

This is just for fun , would like to see participation from those who don't often post.

Now ..... If you are too shy to post . Hit the like button.....

This action will make me get off my butt and kick this thing off.

• Like 5