Slin1977- Advanced Bee Keeping

slin1977

It's tough with losses :-( so endless 1 - shrimp 0 huh :-( Damn those endless....

With new tanks, there can be mini cycles, and I'd advise to keep WC's regular, i.e. 4 x 5% is better then 1 x 20% per week. As a precaution is also add some nitrazorb, after the tank's cycled and add livestock slowly...

• Like 1

Oh, and a colony of OEBT's for the CADE :-)

7458952B-0F7C-4248-9CBD-C444666A7ADB.jpg

Just sayin ...... LOL

• Like 2

Shameless! Lol!

Just sayin ...... LOL

Sorry to hear of this rough start Slin!! Area 51 can't be shrimp free for too long!

The cycle time will give you a chance to plan your next approach and programs. I know you will succeed with it in the future mate.

We all approach it differently, and like you said, don't always discuss the disappointments but we all encounter them along the way!

You know we are about to support you where and how we can mate.

Think you may need to start up an Endler breeding program thread for us to follow!!

Those OEBT's would look better in my tank.

@BlueBolts , cheers for the water change tip, I think I will take that tip on board.

I also plan to let the water change water sit for a couple of days with an airstone.

I will invest in some Purigen as I think that could be a good idea and to keep the shrimp gods smiling , I'll pick up Nitrazorb too.

With using RO/Di, I'm not sure whether there's a benefit to allowing the water to sit and bubble away with an airstone. I would suspect it's PH would rise, and using it, espacially at 20%+ WC would/may be a cause of an issue ? Not sure, but just a thought,

Just sayin ...... LOL

Hey BB, me thinks these OEBT's need to come to Queensland for the winter, they would just love it over here. I will even put out the :welcome: sign for them.HaHaHa. Beautiful shrimp by the way.

Sorry to hear of this rough start Slin!! Area 51 can't be shrimp free for too long!

The cycle time will give you a chance to plan your next approach and programs. I know you will succeed with it in the future mate.

We all approach it differently, and like you said, don't always discuss the disappointments but we all encounter them along the way!

You know we are about to support you where and how we can mate.

Think you may need to start up an Endler breeding program thread for us to follow!!

Thanks for the support mate, we will get through this setback together :-)

As for those OEBT that BB has posted to brighten up this page , I think he should put a reserved sticker on each one and package them for a trip to their new home AKA The Cade !!!!!

Since this is a rainy long weekend I think I will do just that, create an Endler breeding thread and drum up interest, for those wishing to explore fantastic colour patterns or simply to preserve some of the phenotypes I have.

Since this is a rainy long weekend I think I will do just that, create an Endler breeding thread and drum up interest, for those wishing to explore fantastic colour patterns or simply to preserve some of the phenotypes I have.

That'd be awesome. I have only kept regular guppies, not delved into endlers. May be the inspiration some of us need to try them. :)

Edited by newbreed

Hey BB, me thinks these OEBT's need to come to Queensland for the winter, they would just love it over here. I will even put out the :welcome: sign for them.HaHaHa. Beautiful shrimp by the way.

Definitely have to agree, I'm sure they will love the sunshine around my way! lol :lol:

I'm sorry to hear about your losses, most of us have been there & it's truly devastating & incredibly demotivating. I know the draw of the addictive little creatures will have you getting back on the horse soon enough! :thumbsu:

• Like 1

Picked up some ADA Amazonia soil today to cap the Bachi soil.

Will add that later tonight and work on my Ikebana , a style of Aqua scape I have been hoping to do for years :-)

Edited by slin1977

Well let me share that creating Ikebana is great in concept but difficult to achieve.

Going to can that idea and try a more traditional nature scape , just got a great centrepiece plant for my freshwater tank , let's see if I can pull this scape off without too much brain damage. :)

• Like 1

Will google and educate myself on the concept.....ahhh, the joys of creativity and having a tank to achieve this....what's your centre piece plant.....pics pics pics :-)

Brilliant work slin!

We have glosso, hc, crypt wend( brown) needle leaf fern , pogo, and peacock moss tied to wood.

Rocks are Pagoda. Still working on the layout but basic concept is there. Cheers!

Cheers @Squiggle for the encouragement !

Over the weekend the Pogo and Crypts completely melted. The main driftwood with moss removed and replaced by an arrangement of carefully placed Mekong river hardwood sticks.

The rocks were placed in a final position and the final layer of ADA was put behind the rocks.

the Pogo and Crypts completely melted. 

They do that sometimes when freshly planted in a new tank. Could be the higher ammonia levels during cycling, or it could be the stress in the transplant.

But if only the leaves have melted, and the thicker stem or root stock is still there, it might regrow. Don't think all is lost, and throw the plant out. 

They do that sometimes when freshly planted in a new tank. Could be the higher ammonia levels during cycling, or it could be the stress in the transplant.

But if only the leaves have melted, and the thicker stem or root stock is still there, it might regrow. Don't think all is lost, and throw the plant out. 

gotta agree, the crypts usually come back, only the leaves melt most times.

• 2 weeks later...

Toll express tried to drop a package to me today, got to pick it up tomorrow , let's hope the plant gods shine on my parcel.

Hope to show some instant green "just add water" to the forum soon ;-)