yellow rilli project

smicko

Hi all, just got sent some pics of daydreams yellow rilli project, about time to cull and strengthen the colour.

Cheers mick 2014-04-14_14.57.45_zpsleoxukki.jpg2014-04-14_14.58.25_zpsh2oqgra3.jpg2014-04-14_14.56.20_zps0mcj6a09.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely shrimp, I had no luck with yellows and sadly it appears the few rili's I had have gone the same way.

Best of luck with your yellow rili project.

Great to see someone's selectively breeding them. I had a pair I tried to selective breed, without success, and the F2 were all rubbish...so I gave up :-( Keep up the great work :-)

These are gen 3 breeding about 50% rilli Have 30 odd girls and 10/12 boys to work with now just need to select separate and cull maybe 2 more gen should do it.

• HOF Member

Great work. Nice to see a different Rili. I don't have much luck with Yellows either let alone yellow rili. Good luck with your program your just about there!

Great work. Nice to see a different Rili. I don't have much luck with Yellows either let alone yellow rili. Good luck with your program your just about there!

I'm in the same boat with yellows so just gave up on them lol.

Your rili's are looking good :) cant wait to see the results in a few gens time :)

I know a few people here that wouldn't mind your cull...LOL, 1st dibs. :happydance:

These are gen 3 breeding about 50% rilli Have 30 odd girls and 10/12 boys to work with now just need to select separate and cull maybe 2 more gen should do it.

Sorry my culls go to feed my fish.But with any luck this year I will have yellow rilli breeding true.

• 2 weeks later...

AS per blue project sorting has given me a 30+ strong colony of these.Hope the next gen is 80-90% rilli as this time it was 60-70%.

• 3 weeks later...

How does the Rilli gene work, i take it it would have to be a recessive mutation and that the solid yellow would dominate if cross breeding were to happen?

If that is the case could you cross in more solid yellow down the line and cross the F2 of the offspring back to rilli parent or rilli sibling to strenghten the yellow but keep the rill pattern?

Yes genetic floor have been breeding rilli to rilli to strengthen pattern and crossing back to solid yellow to get the yellow more solid.These are about 2 years of crossing back and forth and breeding around 90% true have 4or5 very nice girls now just hitting breeding age so fingers crossed not far from letting some of these get out for you guys

good luck :D