One of our girls

Jenbenwren

This is one of our berried girls and we're all starting to get bit excited and hopeful that we'll see some shrimplets soon! I spotted a beautiful deep red girl hiding under some driftwood today. Shame she wasn't close enough for me to get a photo as she's a bit of a stunner. Hopefully she'll be more adventurous when she moves into the shrimp only tank once its cycled so I can get a few pics to share.

image_zpse02485c8.jpg

Congratulations. Always exciting when they get berried. Another 28 days and lots of little shrimplets!!

Awesome stuff, berried girls always make me smile! Just gotta ask though, what happy dance did you do? :happydance:

• 2 weeks later...

And then the happy dance ended. The fish developed a taste for the berries and the girls didn't survive. At least, as of yesterday morning, most of our Cherrys are already loving their ShrimpieHaven and I noticed one little girl with fresh little berries an hour ago.

• 3 weeks later...

So awesome watching our shrimplets grow up. I was amazed to find them in our com tank as well! Thought the tetras and guppys would nom them before they had a chance. I do have more wood and plants in there now. It doesn't look pretty, but I got a fully set up shrimp tank for Mother's Day and I'm hoping to do a willow moss tree (willow moss came with the new tank) and basic scape in that first. Hasn't helped that most of my surviving plants and mosses are riddled with ug so had to pull them out.

We've also become the proud owners of some juvie/young CBS mischlings that are doing well in the shrimp tank, (we lost 2 in the first 4 days but all no more since. Felt really bad about it, but hoping this is an ok strike rate for a noob and turned out my gh, kh, & ph had changed dramatically from adding the water from the 2 ottos I added to the tank. The ottos also looked unwell and moving them to the com tank which had ideal water parameters for them that night didn't help them survive even though each move took 6 hours to accliamatize them). I was told they are all boys but 1 looks like it might be a girl. When the new tank is ready I'm thinking I might put them in there as the the kids are still busting my gut for crs as well and they want the crs in with the RCS. Hopefully I can get some more tanks or a rack so we can keep lots of different shrimp. Little buggers are to addictive and mts has kicked in now to lo

Mts always rears its head! It's not a good feeling when you lose shrimp, but the main thing is you find the reason why and try your best not to repeat the same situation. Sounds like you and the family are becoming quite addicted, that's okay because there really is only one cure, more tanks! :)

• Like 1