Sign in to follow this  
Twellsy

Dead shrimp again

Twellsy

Its been 2 weeks since the last shrimp died , I have changed a few things around in tank and started adding minerals to the water

How long should I wait before I look to add more mischlings to the tank ?

Cheers Twellsy

BlueBolts

Great news.....Just check your PH, TDS & GH....if they're all stable, and you're feeling confident, go for it.... :-)

Twellsy
Great news.....Just check your PH' date=' TDS & GH....if they're all stable, and you're feeling confident, go for it.... :-)[/quote']

Thanks BB , I will check the parameters again on Friday before I do anything. Pretty confident my main issue was an ammonia spike

Cheers Twellsy

BlueBolts

I personally do 1-2, 5-10% WC every week, just to avoid any spikes etc..... peace of mind, and therapy for me. Weird ?, but I kinda enjoy WC's.... feels Ive accomplished something :happydance:

ineke
I personally do 1-2' date=' 5-10% WC every week, just to avoid any spikes etc..... peace of mind, and therapy for me. Weird ?, but I kinda enjoy WC's.... feels Ive accomplished something :happydance:[/quote']

We must be weird together BB I like water change days! :happydance:

Twellsy

I don't mind doing water changes now that I have a good water change setup , it used to be a pain in the butt and lots of buckets everywhere. I have started doing smaller water changes more often.

Daydream

I love em now only takes a few hrs instead of half a working week.I do 30% weekly helps keep everyone happy` shrimp me and gives the misses a break

Twellsy

Just tested all my parameters again , everything looks back to normal and stable .

Time to get some more mischlings and get back on track

Thanks all for your help and comments

Cheers Twellsy

smicko

That's great news mate, good to hear your back on track.

Cheers mick