Sign in to follow this  
ineke

Thinking cap time

ineke

Which colour group do the Yellows originally come from? I'm breeding up my colony of Blue from Chocolates and having to start from scratch after losing my original colony. I'm getting some nice Blues but also still getting a few Reds but in this last drop I have some very pale babies that I would have thought were Yellow -they are still too small to really tell and too small to get a decent picture. So where did the Yellows come from any ideas???.

The shrimp I am using look like wild type with a blue tinge and stripes- they are definitely from my Chocolate culls and give me really nice blue babies but one of them is giving the Red and pale/yellows but I don't know which one.

newbreed

Thinking cap indeed!! Great question. What I do know is, this discovery means more tanks for Ineke!! :) For pure research purposes of course!! ;)

ineke

LOL Jamie don't put idea into my head! I still have all my old tanks sitting empty!!!! I need a tank for some nice apricot coloured cherries that are turning up too.:worried: Dare I ask poor Alan if I can have my old room back too???? Do we EVER have ENOUGH tanks???? Me thinks not!

newbreed
.:worried: Dare I ask poor Alan if I can have my old room back too????!

I think we need to start calling him Saint Alan!! It's more fitting to his selflessness!!

ineke

WELL it works both ways you know, since having my shrimp I have been too busy to harass him (other than getting my shrimp room finished :) ) so he is left to do almost whatever he wants. I still don't understand why we need a hydro-boost on the car or why it had to come from America or why after all the money it cost he needs to spend more because it was made specially for his car but it needs some fine adjustments or suspension airbags so he can have a lift when it's needed out 4W Driving -talked him out of that one as we already have a 4" lift which is now illegal - I mean come on thats money I could use on shrimp!

No you are right he is very very patient about all my shrimp needs:blowkiss: but saint Alan mmmm me thinks not!

LOL just got off the phone from my son who suggested instead of getting more tanks just get another bigger cull tank to match the other one. That would leave me several more tanks to play with in my room . Now I wonder what he wants from me because I didn't even mention anything about tanks mmmm not good something must be brewing and Alan had just been to see him too.:Scratch-Head:

newbreed

LOL just got off the phone from my son who suggested instead of getting more tanks just get another bigger cull tank to match the other one. That would leave me several more tanks to play with in my room . Now I wonder what he wants from me because I didn't even mention anything about tanks mmmm not good something must be brewing and Alan had just been to see him too.:Scratch-Head:

Hmm, some mothers just don't miss a thing!!! Wonder what Alan has bought to need to trade you another tank?? hehe

ineke

Oh mannnnn I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight now :worried:

newbreed

No need to be worried I'm sure!! :poke:

So, before we hijacked your thread, the question was:

Does anyone know where the yellow Cherry strains developed from? Ideas?

ineke

LOL I didn't even realise and not only that but got a mod to hijack it too!

So yes where do Yellows fit in the family tree - Squiggs we need your family tree!!!

Eshrimp

Hey Ineke i know where you can get a 3ft Cade tank and stand cheap ;)

ineke

Oh Eshrimp don't you start LOL I don't need a tank but I do like the look of that Cade! You would miss it though and where would you put the babies??.?.

Squiggle

According to my research, yellows come directly from wild types, along with reds & chocs. All other colours & patterns are derived from these three colours. I will PM you the dodgy draft that I have had ready for six months, just waiting for the volunteers to finish the work they offered to do for me to make it look more professional. :worried:

BlueBolts

Ineke, imagine a Cade tank with a fluval G3 running it.....double awesome.

newbreed
Ineke' date=' imagine a Cade tank with a fluval G3 running it.....double awesome.[/quote']

Now THAT sounds like the best cull tank ever!!!

Eshrimp

The Cade 900 is now dry and ready for a new home. I agree with BB, CADE+G3+maxspec razor Led lights= 100% sexy

Wraithie

I had a yellow materialize from chocolate culls that has a hint of orange to it

ineke
Ineke' date=' imagine a Cade tank with a fluval G3 running it.....double awesome.[/quote']

Oh BB not you too! I think Eshrimp knows where there may be a cheap one of them too :worried: how do I get even more money out of Alan!!! Not that he holds the purse strings but I never just go out and buy something big without running it past him. I know he loves Eshrimps Marine tanks maybe I could nah that would never work.

ineke
I had a yellow materialize from chocolate culls that has a hint of orange to it

I have some similar also some apricot - thats the closest colour I can think of. cherries are amazing.

ineke
According to my research' date=' yellows come directly from wild types, along with reds & chocs. All other colours & patterns are derived from these three colours. I will PM you the dodgy draft that I have had ready for six months, just waiting for the volunteers to finish the work they offered to do for me to make it look more professional. :worried:[/quote']

thanks Squiggs :)

ineke
The Cade 900 is now dry and ready for a new home. I agree with BB' date=' CADE+G3+maxspec razor Led lights= 100% sexy[/quote']

I can babysit it for you, got plenty of room . No ssstop it! One has to learn to be content with what one has! Pssssst Alan said how much is it????

Garnelchen

Stop fighting the inevitable, Ineke!

You know you want it. ;)

ineke

I do I do want it but I have empty tanks sitting forlornly in the OTHER shrimp room- nothing sadder than empty tanks :( there is a limit to how much electricity I can us. But Alan is still asking well how much is it? :) AND 1 big tank doesn't use as much as the 7 empty ones would.:beer: