Blue Cherries

Twellsy

Hi All ,

Got a couple of questions

I bought a trio of blue cherries several months ago ( FFM ) since then I have had 3 drops.

I have noticed some of the offspring coming out with red / orange head ( mothers and father are all blue and what I would say are perfect colours )

It's only like 3 or 4 out of each drop

Is this normal ?

Should I be separating them and trying to breed them ?

Will these just be considered culls ?

Any thoughts or advice much appreciated

This one is about two months old

4685453A-D1B2-4C5E-A33B-4BBA691AB1DE_zpsv0ccg89z.jpg

Cheers Twellsy

That tends to happen with the blue velvets

just cull heavy and keep only blues if u are striving for blue cherrys :)

+1, but if you have a spare tank, it might be interesting to see what comes out of a breeding program, could be another SpiderShrimp! :encouragement:

Even at F7+, they still occasionally throw some red markings..... That's a nice shrimp you've got there.....definitely a new tank for the spider shrimp :-)

• HOF Member

I'm at F 5 and getting nice blues but as BB said there are still the occasional cull. I put them into a cull tank as soon as I notice and colour on them then let them mature. Sometimes the ones with a touch of red have a really nice blue so I put them back into another tank to help increase the blue intensity in my breeding group - but not back in with the true Blue Velvets. I'm lucky to have a spare tank for Rili and Blue Velvet baby culls so I can see how they develop.