Major forum upgrade happening soon

NoGi

I am currently testing the latest version of the forum software. When ready there will be an outage to the site for a number of hours. A number of the add-ins (badges, etc...) will be disabled post upgrade until newer versions are available.

A sneak peak into the new interface:

[ATTACH]6647[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6648[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6649[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6650[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6651[/ATTACH]

Cheers. As far as I can see, we'll be one of the first in the hobby to go to this version too.

we'll be one of the first in the hobby to go to this version too.

As usual ... SKF is in the leading edge again. :rockon:

Thanks Nogi, absolute incredible effort.....hope we gain more sponsors and $ support from new & old members via comps, donations etc...... no doubt these upgrades aren't free/cheap, so the more support, equals to the most awesome forum :-)

Thanks for the support guys. I've been fairly busy doing stuff in the backend to make things more resilient so haven't been posting too much here. It's not cheap that's for sure.

The forum upgrade wasn't the top of the list to do but, there has been some major code rewrites with it which renders any plugin we buy now useless. Made no sense to invest in extra features for the site if we had to throw them away when we eventually upgrade. So, moved the upgrade forward so that any enhancements to do will at least last a while longer.

I also need to do a clean up of the user accounts, only 600ish are fairly active here and of that 260ish are premium members.