New planted tank

petfish

Just sharing a pic of my latest project, will add pics as it grows in[ATTACH]6602[/ATTACH]

post-3878-139909865589_thumb.jpg

riccia on the plates, behind that is glosso and behind the rocks there is HM, R. Rotundifolia,jap hairgrass and blynx in the middle/back, as soon as it arrives there will be HC from front to back where the bare gravel is

Awesome dude, should look spectacular when it all grows in, can't wait for progress pics! :beer:

That's great petfish, i planted a tank, that is an aquascape, i so wish I had the artisticness and patience to do something like that.

It will look awesone once it grows in.

Cheers mick

That's great petfish' date=' i planted a tank, that is an aquascape, i so wish I had the artisticness and patience to do something like that.

It will look awesone once it grows in.

Cheers mick[/quote']

thank's Mick, this is my 5th or 6th planted, i look at lot's of Tashiaki Amano's work to get idea's, some of his scapes, no ALL of his scapes are awsome, and with abit of practice and trial and error i'm sure you could do a nice scape to,:D

Looking forward to see this grown in some more :)

It already looks amazing, looking forward to seeing this once grown in! Brilliant work, very inspiring!

looks good mate :) I struggle to work out good rock placement everytime i have tried scaping lol

One week update, needs a first trim of the hm, riccia is pearling like crazy.[ATTACH]6681[/ATTACH]

post-3878-139909856262_thumb.jpg

Wow, that's a crazy amount of growth in one week, well done dude! :encouragement:

Wow!

That's amazing!

What lighting are you using?

And I'm assuming you use Co2?

Excellent!

Wow!

That's amazing!

What lighting are you using?

And I'm assuming you use Co2?

Excellent!

Thanx.....the lighting is 2x 2' ista led plant and a 2' aqualina led, yes i have a yeast burner co2 (diy)..., under the coffs harbour 3mm gravel is my own diy substrate

is your riccia is using stainless steel? wonder if stainless steel bad for shrimp and effect gh/kh on water. anyone?

is your riccia is using stainless steel? wonder if stainless steel bad for shrimp and effect gh/kh on water. anyone?

no, not stainless, i make my screens from aluminium mesh and glass

Stainless steel is ok, and will not affect the water parameter of the tank. At least not for many centuries.

Aluminium on the other hand ...

Aluminium is very soft, combined with acidic aquarium water, and there might be some reaction to the metal.

Keep an eye on it.

cheers jayc

Stainless steel is ok, and will not affect the water parameter of the tank. At least not for many centuries.Aluminium on the other hand ... Aluminium is very soft, combined with acidic aquarium water, and there might be some reaction to the metal.Keep an eye on it.