I'd please

petfish

I'm not good with native ID but could be a glass shrimp, best people to ask would be Bob(Northboy) or Baccus :encouragement:

Looks like a type of glass shrimp, but as squiggle said northboy or baccus should know.

Did you buy it or catch it locally as that will help with Id.

Cheers mick

i bought them from the auction at st. lucia about 2 weeks ago, they were put up as typus, but a few people that are into shrimp that looked at them after i bought them couldn't decide, typus,dae,drn,glass....:Scratch-Head:

I'll go out on a limb & say they aren't Darwin Red Nose & the Typus I had were an orange/brown colour, definitely need Northboy or Baccus to chime in here. :D

Hahaha, that stuff doesn't work on this forum dude, I'll PM them when I get a chance but Northboy has been having interweb troubles & Baccus should be on any time soon, she usually gets on every few days. :encouragement:

My best guess would be DAS, AKA Darwin Algae Shrimp, could you give us an indication of size? I had some local shrimp (possibly glass) which where small and barely the size of my largest cherry shrimp. Whereas the DAS get quite a lot bigger and similar size to Typhus but without the other distinguishing patterns.

My best guess would be DAS' date=' AKA Darwin Algae Shrimp, could you give us an indication of size? I had some local shrimp (possibly glass) which where small and barely the size of my largest cherry shrimp. Whereas the DAS get quite a lot bigger and similar size to Typhus but without the other distinguishing patterns.[/quote']

yeah, i think DAS to, abit disapionted as i bought them as TYPHUS, at least i only paid $1 each.definately bigger than cherries.

I should have been more specific. Here are some of mine which I am breeding for blue colouring. Paratya Australiensis have eyes which sit high on their head, have a slender body, their rostrum sits low and extends far forward and the centre of their telson (centre of the fin looking bit) is nice and rounded unlike the glass shrimp from WA.