• GB
    • Taiwan Bee (KK,WR,RR,BB,etc)
    • Mischlings
    • Tigers
    • Tibees (Tiger x)
    • Native Shrimps
    • Snowballs

Hi Everyone,

There has been recent discussions about having a new competition. Well, I can gladly announce we will be holding a Monthly Photo Competition. Titled 'The Great Oz Shrimp Off' as a thanks to the man whom suggested the idea! Great work OzShrimp.

More details will follow soon but first we need to work out a selection of what the photographs will be of, for is I need all of your help!!

There is a poll attached with options for photo subjects, each member has three votes in this, so please select your preferred three types and this will give us a good direction for the competition.

Thanks for your help in getting this started, I will keep it open for two weeks to give everyone a chance to place their votes in the Initial Poll!

As stated earlier, more info to follow shortly on the competition itself!

Happy Voting!!

Great idea! really looking forward to it. I voted Yellows, Snowballs and Tibees, even tho I meant to click Taiwan Bee.. oops

Great idea! really looking forward to it. I voted Yellows' date=' Snowballs and Tibees, even tho I meant to click Taiwan Bee.. oops
Easy done!! Choose carefully everyone!! Once the votes are placed they are locked in and cannot be changed!! Sorry Aquathumb, might need to start breeding some Tibees to enter!!
Why are there different varieties of Cherry Shrimp but not for the Taiwan Bee shrimp?
One of the main ideas for the competition was to make it open to everyone, eventually. Depending on when a species came up that they had to photograph. As a lot of people start off with Cherry Shrimp, I thought it was a good idea to open these up a bit more. I didn't think as many would have a selection of TB. We will see from the votes where the interest is and will tailor the rest of the competition from there. (Spoiler alert!) It's not going to be restricted to just these options

Just voted, the poll is looking close between a few varieties, so if you have a type you want to enter into the comp, get voting.

Cheers mick

I think someone will have to sell me a cheap taiwan bee for a month so ican take a photo lol :) then i resell it back haha

For those who may not have a particular type, are we able to photograph a friend's shrimp? (If they consent of course)

The plan was to be of your own shrimp, as some of the prizes (there may be prizes) were going to be related to that species where possible.

That's why we will roll it over many strains so you all should get a chance to participate.

The plan was to be of your own shrimp' date=' as some of the prizes (there may be prizes) were going to be related to that species where possible.

That's why we will roll it over many strains so you should get a chance to participate.[/quote']

Ditto! It allows people to show off their own favourite shrimp in that category :)

Maybe we could have a sub comp for the natives? PLEASE

After all there is Darwin Algae Shrimp, Darwin Red Nosed Shrimp, Blackmore River Shrimp, Chameleon Shrimp, Zebra Shrimp, Typhus Shrimp, Riffle Shrimp, Glass Shrimp and many types of Macrobachium to choose from. That way native yabbies could also go into the native grouping and who knows down the track native snails could be added too. And I cant forget Bobs crabs here either ;)

And yes I am slightly biased since I have a few natives.....but in my defence I say AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE OI,OI, OI !

Great idea! Would be nice if I could shoot Macro with my iphone or camera, instead of getting a blurred fuzzball every time I try to zoom in on one of them lol.

Great idea! Would be nice if I could shoot Macro with my iphone or camera' date=' instead of getting a blurred fuzzball every time I try to zoom in on one of them lol.[/quote']

You can get a macro adaptor strap for the iPhone. Pretty basic but takes great close ups. Boss Aquaria used to have them.

• Like 1

Only a week left to vote in the Great Oz Shrimp Off poll.

Three votes per member. Choose the three shrimp varieties you would like to photograph as part of the comp.

Rules and info to be announced later in week!!

Big thanks to those who have already voted, interesting results coming through!

Only four days left to vote in the Great Oz Shrimp Off poll.

Three votes per member. Choose the three shrimp varieties you would like to photograph as part of the comp.

Rules and info to be announced later in week!!

Big thanks to those who have already voted, looks like we have a trend developing!!

voted! seems jamie was very confidence with the new olloclip haha

Okay everyone!! Last day to cast your vote if you haven't already. Poll closes just before 9pm.

Thanks for your responses and input.