anyone breeding stuff other then shrimp

HJ V6

frontosa, mpimbwe and kigoma,& xeno,ochra,makola,& tropheus, maswa, kiaser, bemba, moliro,& neo. caud.(punk's),&firefin comp's, gold comp's &black calvis,& A. Dewinti,& foi kabogo, blue dolphin's, &nigripinus (blue neon) leluepi (yellow)& L397,002,127,129,066 & pep's. endlers, red chilli, golden,tiger and common. I think that's it. :phew:

Holy crap how many tanks do you have? thats an impressive collection are they all breeding?

Holy crap how many tanks do you have? thats an impressive collection are they all breeding?

I have a 8mtr x 8mtr fish room with about 70 tank's from 2' upto 6', those are the fish that i'm breeding atm but also have a few as pet's eg: 85cm R.T.C. , 2 G.G. and a tank with barb's, flagtail procalodous, lge clown loaches, also have L333, 278 & 007, that i forgot before.

Wow that's a lot of tanks to keep track of! Think you'll have to post some pics soon!!

I used to breed guppies and discus prior to the shrimp addiction kicking in!

Have just brought home some endlers from the shrimp club on Sunday!!

And also had to buy some juveniles Oscars(5) during the week, as one of the local aquariums have bred some in store. Have always had a soft spot for them and thought, why not! They are in a 24x18x18 for now with a four footer earmarked for them as they grow.

Edited by newbreed

I guess you could say I breed endlers as my trio just had babies in the community tank...... there is still 6 or so left.

Really should have moved them to another tank but I'm interested to see if they can make it on their own.

I have a 8mtr x 8mtr fish room with about 70 tank's from 2' upto 6', those are the fish that i'm breeding atm but also have a few as pet's eg: 85cm R.T.C. , 2 G.G. and a tank with barb's, flagtail procalodous, lge clown loaches, also have L333, 278 & 007, that i forgot before.

+1 on the pics sounds like a sweet setup sooo you have lots of room for more shrimp tanks lol i wish i had that size room or a room at all

frontosa, mpimbwe and kigoma,& xeno,ochra,makola,& tropheus, maswa, kiaser, bemba, moliro,& neo. caud.(punk's),&firefin comp's, gold comp's &black calvis,& A. Dewinti,& foi kabogo, blue dolphin's, &nigripinus (blue neon) leluepi (yellow)& L397,002,127,129,066 & pep's. endlers, red chilli, golden,tiger and common. I think that's it. :phew:

forgot about the troph. illangi and lufubu purple rainbow, and the furcifer resha and sumba comps.

• Like 1

Hard to get good pics due to the lighting in the fish room, but here are some.post-846-0-98619700-1403158586_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-05726600-1403158611_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-66437000-1403158630_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-82892400-1403158653_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-86651400-1403158679_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-49286700-1403158700_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-20248000-1403158718_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-25614900-1403158736_thumb.jpg

Awesome!! What an amazing assortment you have going!

Good to see there are a number of keepers and breeders of African Cichlids on this site ;)

I recently imported a colony of German Bred Sulphur Crested Peacock cichlids (Aulonocara Maylandi).

Absolutely amazing fish. 

Bonus is that they have now bred and the mum spat 35 healthy fry on the weekend.

The family is growing :)

Good to see there are a number of keepers and breeders of African Cichlids on this site ;)

I recently imported a colony of German Bred Sulphur Crested Peacock cichlids (Aulonocara Maylandi).

Absolutely amazing fish. 

Bonus is that they have now bred and the mum spat 35 healthy fry on the weekend.

The family is growing :)

Congrats! Hope there's many more to come!

Great collection petfish :) and pappy congrats youll have to wack a photo up when you can

Well I'm not breeding them as yet as I need to do some prep work first like hatch brine shrimp for the first time as the fry need no more then 1hr old shrimp for food 2 x a day for 5 as any older will be to big for them to eat.

From what I have read so far it's going to be a challenge but you can only learn from failing first.

But if I succeed it will be a great personal achievement in breeding for me.

And the winner is Cardinal Tetra's

May aim is a school of 100 to 200 if I was to get them from a shop it would cost me $300 to $800 for a school that big but there's no challenge in that.

Andrew

Cool when you succeed post the results .... I also want to breed cardinals.... they are one of my favorite fish.

Cool when you succeed post the results .... I also want to breed cardinals.... they are one of my favorite fish.

Will do inverted.

I'm not giving it a go till I get back from holidays in September that will give me time to set it all up and start conditioning some new Cardinals for breeding going from what I've read the stock I have now will possibly be unsuccessful at breeding because of their age.

So I need to find some that are around 6 to 8 months old to at lest give me half a chance of succeeding.

• 1 month later...

Feel i should stay away from here.

Things i am breeding beside shrimp

Betta Mahachai
Betta Smaragdina
Betta Stiktos
Betta Ocellata
Betta Compuncta
Betta Rutilans Green
Blue silver Angelfish
Gold Leopard Endlers
Pink Platinum Endlers
Neon Tuxedo Endlers
Corydoras Habrosus
Danio Margaritatus (CPD's)
Fancy Bettas

Fish aiming to breed soon (Conditioning/hoping will breed):
Betta Macrostoma
Betta Enisae
Betta Patoti
Betta Pallifina

you can probably tell its a little bit betta mad our place.

• Like 1