anyone breeding stuff other then shrimp

HJ V6

Yeah' date=' I'm breeding Betta Macrostoma & Betta Chanoidies :D[/quote']

your always breeding bettas I would be surprised if you stopped :D

I've bred fish for 17years and needed a break so started on the shrimp.

I still breed catfish and African Cichlidw.

Cheers mick

I don't know if it counts as breeding but a few of us have self perpetuating endler colonies

I don't know if it counts as breeding but a few of us have self perpetuating endler colonies

Haha! Self perpetuating is exactly the right word! They should be called endlesslers!

I've got two colonies, blonde endlers and chili endlers.

I've bred fish for 17years and needed a break so started on the shrimp.

I still breed catfish and African Cichlidw.

Cheers mick

nice what type of catfish ?

I don't like Cichlids haha never have prob never will

Haha! Self perpetuating is exactly the right word! They should be called endlesslers!

I've got two colonies' date=' blonde endlers and chili endlers.[/quote']

hahahahaha that was what it was like when I was breeding guppies

I have heaps of Endlers and Guppies but other then them I plan on breeding Dwarf Corys, C. Pygmaeus, C. Hastatus and C. Habrosus when I have the tank space.

I used to breed L202,L397,peppermint bristlenose and I still breed albino and common bristlenose in long and short fin(because they pay the power bill lol). Most of them are sold before they are born lol, i have breeding lines that go back over 10 years and I throw a new bloodline in every couple years but they have to be supreme lines to be included.

If anybody wants any my next available lot will be two months away so you can order now and I will keep some aside.

I just sold my pair of orangespot bristlenose to get more shrimp stuff.

Geez these prawns are addictive lmao.

Cheers mick

I used to breed L202' date='L397

Cheers mick[/quote']

do you have any left or did you ell them all to pay for the shrimp?

Sold the l numbers years ago, i got them because I enjoy new challenges in breeding and was told that l numbers are hard to breed.

I soon realised that they are as easy as bristlenose to breed so I sold them to get something more challenging.

That's why I like shrimp, there is always a new challenge.

Cheers mick

I have enderlessers in my tank, cant say I take any credit for breeding them tho, just like the guppies that are never ending. I do breed common bristle noses, since there is always a demand for them from the shops (what I don't get is where they all go??? Surely there cant be that many people in desperate need of them), which is good because my main pair generally have 200+ babies each time.

Then there is the peppered corydoras both normal and longfin which have even managed to throw an albino, which are regularly breeding for me and sometimes my strebia even get in the act and produce some eggs and fry.

I am yet to get my desert gobies spawning but hopefully that wont be too far off, as well as my threadfin rainbows and pygmy rainbows.

My spotted blue eyes surprise me every so often with more tiny bubs too.

Then there is the goldfish in the pond which breed every year for me without fail in September.

But really I never truly plan to breed any of my fish, its more a case of when they do breed, bonus for me :)

I am mainly a fish keeper that have a lot of tanks so finding tanks to keep shrimp is not hard!

I keep and breed cory cats. Have around 20 species of cories at the moment. Looking forward to this winter as a few of the groups I have should be mature enough to breed this winter.

My main interest is killifish have over 30 species of them. Most killies are not only rare in the hobby but most are also on the redlist (ie.endangered in the wild). Just love the breeding biology, general behaviour and the shape and marking of these fish.

I also have a few different wild bettas, all black guppies, endlers, albino and normal bristlenoses as well as L144.

That's about it! :slaphead:

Hi serkan, killis are awesome.

10 years ago I thought they'd be the new best thing but they never took off for some reason.

Now that everyone seems to be downsizing tanks the killis might get the attention they deserve.

Cheers mick

I have enderlessers in my tank' date=' cant say I take any credit for breeding them tho, just like the guppies that are never ending. I do breed common bristle noses, since there is always a demand for them from the shops (what I don't get is where they all go??? Surely there cant be that many people in desperate need of them), which is good because my main pair generally have 200+ babies each time.

Then there is the peppered corydoras both normal and longfin which have even managed to throw an albino, which are regularly breeding for me and sometimes my strebia even get in the act and produce some eggs and fry.

I am yet to get my desert gobies spawning but hopefully that wont be too far off, as well as my threadfin rainbows and pygmy rainbows.

My spotted blue eyes surprise me every so often with more tiny bubs too.

Then there is the goldfish in the pond which breed every year for me without fail in September.

But really I never truly plan to breed any of my fish, its more a case of when they do breed, bonus for me :)[/quote']

haha bristle nose are everywhere

im breeding corydoras, guppy, platy, molly. soon interested breed discus, angel fish, german ram, electric blue ram, and baloon ram. have no luck breeding cardinal / neon tetras

im breeding corydoras' date=' guppy, platy, molly. soon interested breed discus, angel fish, german ram, electric blue ram, and baloon ram. have no luck breeding cardinal / neon tetras[/quote']

nice what types of guppys, platys, mollys are you breeding ?

nice what types of guppys' date=' platys, mollys are you breeding ?[/quote']

normal guppy various colour, black guppy,snake skin, rainbow neon,red tuxedo, tiger endler, black moscow, panda, molly dalmation, whites, red, platys red wag tail, mickey mouse.

• 2 months later...

Im currently breeding Moba Frontosa, Demasoni, Chipokae, longfin albino bristlenose and peps.

I have a pond breeding threadfin rainbows for my iwagumi when I eventually fill it with water. I started with 10 or so and now have probably about 80. They have stopped breeding since the change of season which is weird, I think it is because they aren't getting much natural sunlight now compared to summer.

Use to breed malawi and tanganyikan cichlids. Also L144 and Peppermint bristlenose. Then got hooked to shrimps and never looked back lol. Although i still have a breeding colony of L201 now.

frontosa, mpimbwe and kigoma,& xeno,ochra,makola,& tropheus, maswa, kiaser, bemba, moliro,& neo. caud.(punk's),&firefin comp's, gold comp's &black calvis,& A. Dewinti,& foi kabogo, blue dolphin's, &nigripinus (blue neon) leluepi (yellow)& L397,002,127,129,066 & pep's. endlers, red chilli, golden,tiger and common. I think that's it. :phew: