When??

daimen

Hi guys I have been watching this girl for about 2 weeks. I was wondering when or is she likely to become berried. I'm sure there are males. And I have noticed some molts floating around.

20140327_122616_zps291a2768.jpg

It's the fine stringy plant in the picture in front of your saddled girl.

Nasty stuff. Use the search option, at the top right side of screen, and search for 'gibba' it will give you more threads with info. Sorry but can't seem to post links from this phone.

I had this without realising how nasty it can be to shrimplets.

Good luck!

I can't tell if that's gibba.

But if it is Utricularia gibba, then ...

"It satisfies its nutrient requirements by capturing and digesting small aquatic prey – usually small invertebrates – in its bladder structures."

It also can grow quite quickly too. Best to lose it when you find it! Good spotting Gary!

You are doing well.

Imagine if you weren't a member of SKF.

You'd have gibba thriving in your tank and be wondering why your shrimp (really) weren't doing well.

If I wasn't a member I would be struggling. I really love this forum and the members are so generous.

You're doing great Daimen!!

Awesome stuff dude, hopefully she will get berried soon for you & then it's on like Donkey Kong! :rockon:

Ok good news guys. She is berried. I noticed yesterday that she had formed a kind of sack under her tail. When I looked this arvo she is full on berried. Awsome

Awesome News Daimen!! Great work mate! Now the horrible wait.......:)

That sounds about right if your temperature is around 22 degrees. Don't expect to see them for the first few days, they are tiny.

It will go quicker than it sounds....

Yeah it does, it reduces the reduces the gestation period but it also has a big impact on the lifespan of your shrimp but reducing it dramatically, definitely not recommended! :dejection: