Shrimp Rack Is Finally Here!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!

BRISSY

Finally up and running! I'll let the pictures do most of the talking LOL but here are a few specs:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: (Had to do 6 happy dances to go with the theme of the rack LOL

6 tanks 2ftx18"x16"h

sump 2x18x18- 3 compartments. First compartment K1, need a heap more and need to put some gutter guard so it doesnt flow into compartment 2, which is a variety of sponges. Compartment 3 has a few litres of ceramic rings and soon to have 2L of marinepure spheres (just ordered some from AOA, for my marine tank and this rack). And yeah I'm also waiting on a filter sock to come lol.

Sump pump-italian made (forget brand LOL) 3500L/h pump. Seems to be going well!

Also sponge filters comming for each tank.

More diftwood coming as well and plants!

Substrate-natural river sand from my old discus tank

Stock (mostly still comming)- bottom 2 tanks will have a trio of pep breeders in each one + some cherries. middle tanks will each have a variety of cherrie shrimp and tiger shrimp at a later date. Top tanks will have a cherrie colony in each.

Chiller: hailea hc250a - not hooked up yet. Temp will be kept at 24-25c.

Lighting: top and middle tanks will be lit with T5s and bottom tanks will be natural sunlight/T8 when needed.

Excuse the plate in there lol, forgot to get it out :)

IMG_2458_zpse719af36.jpg

IMG_2459_zps68c67007.jpg

IMG_2469_zpsd66d311f.jpg

So, what do you think people? I'm very happy with it!

• Like 1

Congrats! Awesome work! You must be stoked! :victorious::victorious::victorious:

Yeah guys I'm stoked with the new setup, and can't wait to get my shrimp! Also will update when some dry goods for my sump arrive! Hopefully about a week and a half before I get my breeding stock. :happydance:

I'll try and keep you guys updated with pictures of the shrimp and fish and tanks as they progress. I've been very keen to keep shrimp on a more serious level for a few months, and I sold my discus display tank to get permission for this rack (that's the minister of war and finance for you these days lol :spank:) .

Thanks Jeff, looks like one of the male peps has trapped a female too :) hope she is ready! If so, that was dam quick lol!

Looks the goods! I ended up putting two large air stones in my K1 sump to keep them moving well. It did take a number of weeks before they stopped floating though.

It will great home for some shrimpies.

• 9 months later...