Squiggle

Water parameters for all shrimp variation & species

Squiggle

This thread is meant to be a quick reference guide for water parameters for all spp & variations of shrimp, anyone can add to it & I will update the original post. :encouragement:

*Remember, this is just a quick reference guide, many people have had success with different parameters, this is just a good place to start & not a guaranteed perfect set of parameters*

Here is a template that we can use

Name:

TDS:

PH:

GH:

KH:

Temp:

I'll start with a couple of basic spp.

Name: Crystal Red/Black Shrimp(Caridina Cantonensis)

TDS: 100-150

PH: 6.2-6.6

GH: 4-6

KH: 0-2

Temp: 21-23

Name: Cherry Shrimp(Neocaridina Davidii)

TDS: 100-250

PH: 6.5-7.6

GH: 4-14

KH: 0-10

Temp: 18-24

Name: Australian Native Zebra(Caridina sp)

TDS: 10-40

PH: 5.0-7.6

GH: 0-4

KH:

Temp: 19-23

jayc

For me, it's very similar with CRS/CBS.

I just have a narrower range for TDS.

And I'm trying lower pH, down to 6.0.

Name: Crystal Red/Black Shrimp(Caridina Cantonensis)

TDS: 140-160

PH: 6.0-6.6

GH: 4-6

KH: 1-2

Temp: 22-24

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• Zoidburg
      Coming from a pet bird keeping hobby, I can easily back up what jayc said about imports.... not only can you not import animals, you can't export them either. The *ONLY* exception may come between New Zealand and Australia. Some animals can be moved between those two countries. Otherwise though, import and exportation for both countries is banned. I live in the USA.
    • ShrimpNewb
      Thanks, Simon.  I am a shrimpnewb after all.  My tank has pretty much zero evaporation - it's weird, but it seems to have something to do with not running a heater and the water temperature being the same as the room.  I'm just planning to switch over to the shrimp focused mineralizer with water changes over time.  I'll update the TDS differences I assume will be there.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      This has got rather long and involved, interesting though! Just wanted to remind you that topping up tanks from evaporation will still need pure RO water (not mineralised) though so you will need to keep some Pure RO water aside for that. Simon
    • ShrimpNewb
      Oh, yes.  Live and learn.  This is, as my wife keeps telling me, a science project.
    • kms
      thanks for detailed information, it's a shame you can't get any of the new variations, btw my pinto has berries, first time for me as a beginning.