Rilis and Blue Velvet

ineke

• HOF Member

Time to cull again . I have a couple of tanks of Rilis to cull and just thought I would show how they are getting on. I can see a new depth of Red now and more clear mid sections. I am also getting Blue Velvets from some of these girls and I am working on improving their colour too. DSC_0047_zps8db7d1f8.jpg

DSC_0043_zpsb90294c1.jpgDSC_0048_zps3afa5629.jpgDSC_0049_zpsde4ea783.jpgDSC_0055_zpse2245d4c.jpgDSC_0057_zps779c5df1.jpg

Edited by ineke

They look great Ineke. Might have to get a few from you to add to my lads tank.

stunning love the rilis. btw i only have 1 rilis shrimp dunno if that can interbreed with other type of shrimp? or might need get some from u ineke hehe

• HOF Member
stunning love the rilis. btw i only have 1 rilis shrimp dunno if that can interbreed with other type of shrimp? or might need get some from u ineke hehe
Rilis are a cherry or Neocaridinia and will interbreed with any other colour cherry so you should not keep more than 1 colour in your tank unless you are trying to improve a particular trait.
They look great Ineke. Might have to get a few from you to add to my lads tank.
Thank you and you would be welcome to have some for your collection just remember they will interbreed with the others. I have a Aqua One 980 with all different colours in there and I get some very pretty shrimp but once in there I don't know who breeds with what so the babies can never be put into a pure line tank. They are just my culls so I don't mind and it looks great to have a rainbow community tank.
Nice' date=' looking good Ineke[/quote']Thank you they are slowly getting there now.

• HOF Member

Well about 100 little culls now nicely settled in the community tank. Now to do the second and third culls to decide what to keep for breeding and what to keep for sharing. Most of them are spoken for as I'm doing an exchange with Eshrimp , that's why I needed to make sure I keep plenty of nice breeders to share with him. :)

Will still have some nice ones left over though

Awesome stuff Ineke, you are definitely becoming the red rili expert, they are going crazy for you, well done! :encouragement:

• HOF Member

Thanks Squiggs .

They are constantly berried and I do enjoy seeing the improvement in them but I wish some of my others would do as well.

• HOF Member

I shouldn't complain the Blue Velvets and Chocolates are all breeding well too, even the crystals are slowly increasing in numbers so its all good

• HOF Member

DSC_0116_zps96ffa2e5.jpg
another youngster I'm aiming to get that little stripe of blue as the colour of the Blue Velvets. Still a long way to go

Edited by ineke