Help with safe shipment of shrimp

Dable

Hey guys I know there's probably a thread out there about this already if so I apologise but can some of you shrimp breeders with a good reputation please inform me on the best way to package and ship shrimp?

I am aware of kroydon bags, but what is a good box to use and does anyone put anything in with the box and bag??..

Also is there a special way to tie off the bag with shrimp in it? And what is the best most reliable shipping?? I'm in Port Macquarie NSW..

Appreciate any help ( please only constructive) I'm on this forum to learn not be criticized I really want to build a good reputation when it comes time to sell my shrimp

Hi Dable, SKF promotes this hobby, and you'll find only positive and helpful responses with any questions/assistance raised :-)

Other variations to the packing is to used bubble wrap instead if foam, and also double bagging the Kordon Bags. :-)

Thanks alot guys :) ye it's good to know u guys are here to help :-), some places just think that new ppl should b kept in the dark about things..

Appreciate it :-)

Hoang that's exactly the type of instructions I was after thankyou so much :-)

Is there anything else that should or reccomend be done in addition to what the link says? Or is that pretty much perfect for shipment

+1 to what BB said, we're here to help, not hinder! You'll definitely find out soon enough that this forum community is like no other. :beer:

The thread that has been linked is pretty much as perfect as it gets, but as BB said, there are a couple of different options that are along the same lines. :encouragement:

Hi Dable,

I've followed members advised & shipped shrimp to Melbourne from QLD, all alive. Members on this forum are here to help, not attack others, yes it different then other forums. Enjoy:wave:

Thanks alot guys really puts me at ease knowing i have helpful people around to put me on the right track to shrimp care/ breeding :-)..

some places just think that new ppl should b kept in the dark about things..

Now go back and sit in the corner lol :P, you will definitely benefit being a member on here :) Just never send your shrimp in a coke bottle lol :P

Other thing to bare in mind when posting is the temperature :)

Well you have to remember that each species are tolerent to diferrent temps. For instance CRS and the like prefer temps around 25 or under so if you were to post them on a 36 degree day for example being in a polystyrene box and in a warehouse or back of the truck for 2 days will ultimately raise the water temp and increase chance of loss :)

Check out the group buy section, it will give you an idea of what people are getting for foam boxes.

Generally, 2L is big enough. Bought from polyfoam.

As for Kordon bags, I think it's only two sizes available. Shrimp aren't very big afterall, and you can fit heaps into one bag.

The 5.5x8 size at Boss Aquaria is perfect for shipping 1 till 20 shrimp.

The other size 7.5x12 is bigger and can ship HEAPS of shrimp.

These are usually group buy items, since it comes in minimum quantities, that might be a bit too much for one person.

I'm pretty sure Boss Aquaria will have some more Kordon bags in the next few weeks. I just bought some boxes from polyfoam & the 2L ones are $2.15+gst but the minimum is 60. :beer:

I just bought some boxes from polyfoam & the 2L ones are $2.15+gst but the minimum is 60. :beer:

Wish you were in Sydney so i could persuade you to sell me 10 when i am in sydney lol

I would do that for ya dude but it's a bit of a drive to my place, lol. Maybe you could organise a group buy & hook up with someone down there when you go down.:encouragement: