Sign in to follow this  
buck

nature style scape

buck

i had this tank running as a hard scape for ages untile i got the plants i wanted and planted it out about 4 weeks ago. its only got about 2 months left to live (moving house) so hopefully it grows out more by then.

tumblr_n16atjb7Ij1qjnrnyo1_1280.jpgtumblr_n16aywrdxF1qjnrnyo2_1280.jpgtumblr_n16aywrdxF1qjnrnyo3_1280.jpg

Squiggle

Looks good dude, very cool pics. :encouragement:

Wraithie

Nice!

What are the crypts and where did you get them from?

buck

cheers guys, I got the crypts from annerley and they're wendtii variations and parva

Neo-shrimp

Very nice scaped tank buck...Well done

buck

cheers i found what i think are celestial pearl danio fri yesterday so im pretty happy with that :D

buck
tumblr_n253vfctRG1qjnrnyo1_500.jpgtumblr_n253urp9Vc1qjnrnyo1_500.jpgtumblr_n253uhqw6i1qjnrnyo1_500.jpgtumblr_n26zgpePRO1qjnrnyo1_500.jpgtumblr_n253u4eTYQ1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

jayc

Nice!

However, you seem to have some white fungus on the drift wood.

Did you use tap water to fill that tank?

buck

yer its kind of greenish white i think its algae, ive been meaning to try and bleach it but havn't remebered to get the bleach when i've been at the shops.

yeah "dechlorinated" tap water

jayc

yeah "dechlorinated" tap water

How did I know.

Tap/town water even declor'd has a lot of lime in it, which in turn helps promote this sort of fungus seen in newly cycled/cycling tanks.

It's not algae. Algae is green due to chlorophyll. Only fungus is white, since it doesn't need light to produce food.

Keep an eye on that. Removing it manually from the wood doesn't mean it's gone. Your water still has lime in it.

If you find uneaten food growing fungus within a few days or dead shrimp covered in fungus, you'll know the cause.

Unhealthy shrimp will be more susceptible to fungal attacks as well. Only if it's immunity levels are low.

What dechlorinator do you use?

BristledOne

Lovely tank buck!

Jayc thanks for the informative post! Makes me glad I'm finally doing the move over to RO water :)

Squiggle

Looking good dude, very cool indeed! :encouragement:

buck

cheers guys, thanks jayc, i forget the name of the product im using ive had it for a while. so i guess trying to bleach it won't do anything? im intending to get an R.O D.I system when i start my rack up. so my future scapes hopefully wont have the same issue as ill be using R.O water on them too