New types of shrimp appeared

Bunnybom

Well of course from overseas :slaphead:

Bouse shrimp introduced new types of shrimps recently called "Nanashi"

[ATTACH]6359[/ATTACH]

The price is in Japanese Yen, while AU$1 equals to 92 Yen, which makes the high graded Nanashi shrimps priced over $8000 each! Shhhhhhh....

[ATTACH]6362[/ATTACH]

High grade Nanashi shrimp

[ATTACH]6360[/ATTACH]

Middle grade Nanashi shrimp

[ATTACH]6361[/ATTACH]

Low grade Nanashi shrimp

While Bouse shrimp says that he developed Nanashi shrimp with his friend breeder, my source who is a overseas breeder told me that Nanashi shrimp is soley developed by Elegant Lady, the Taiwanese shrimp breeder.

He sent me one photos of Elegant Lady's shrimp still in the process.

[ATTACH]6357[/ATTACH]

I almost fainted when I saw this photo!

Elegant Lady's such a monster!!!

White mouth, brownish head, red base body with zebra typed white lines and black lines?

I couldn't even imagine this shrimp even in dreams!

[ATTACH]6358[/ATTACH]

Less shock but still a monster here!

Can't even tell what this little guy is.

I know we are far behind compared to overseas breeders, but I also know we are working hard on shrimps!

Lets keep up the good works and step ahead! Hooray!

post-346-139909865131_thumb.jpg

post-346-139909865134_thumb.jpg

post-346-139909865138_thumb.jpg

post-346-139909865142_thumb.jpg

post-346-139909865145_thumb.jpg

post-346-139909865148_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing the info/pics....very cool, and great to keep in touch with overseas trends/direction.

Interestingly noted the "clear" caridina's on the background of the elegant lady shrimp...mmmm:Scratch-Head:

Holy crap you would want to commit Harikari if they died, but then i wont have to worry about that.

wow spicy the price but sure they are a nice looking shrimps what are the wp on those guys am sure i wont be buying them XD

leave me with my cherrys XD

Beautiful, I like the low grade Nanashi :blowkiss:, I am a sucker for dark blue shrimp, but sadly no blues grace my tanks

Perhaps the clear caridina in the background of big mamma are snowballs? Or something along those lines.

wow all looks great. thanks for sharing. interesting!

[ATTACH]6364[/ATTACH][ATTACH]6365[/ATTACH]here's a couple I found of some great looking shrimp

Thanks for sharing the info/pics....very cool' date=' and great to keep in touch with overseas trends/direction.

Interestingly noted the "clear" caridina's on the background of the elegant lady shrimp...mmmm:Scratch-Head:[/quote']

the one above it is a tibee, i have one that looks exactly the same, it's similar to a snow white but pale

the one in the background is just a blonde tiger

honestly, imo they are way overpriced, they are nothing more than tibee i.e mix of twb x tigers x crystal and you get all sorts of patterns

a few hundred yeh that's reasonable for something new but $8k is just absurd imo...

with a bit of time and experimenting anyone with twb, tigers, crystals can get similar patterns

Wow! The Nanashi shrimp look soooo pretty...but $ 8000??? :smiley_simmons:

Seriously? Who would be THAT crazy???

Someone that doesnt have a wife lol :P

honestly' date=' imo they are way overpriced, they are nothing more than tibee i.e mix of twb x tigers x crystal and you get all sorts of patterns

with a bit of time and experimenting anyone with twb, tigers, crystals can get similar patterns[/quote']

Hahaha, I'd love to see how long it takes you to create one of these with such strong full colour on the body & legs, not as easy as you might think dude. I completely agree that Tibees are easy to create interesting patterns, but to get the colour of these takes many generations of crossing back to the parents & selecting maybe one or two from each generation & then waiting four months for the drop next possibilities, of which there may be none good enough to continue the direction you want to go. :encouragement:

I thought that too, but Bouse shrimp posted on his blog that people buy like 10-20 of those at once.

Seriously, the world I can never imagine!

Man I find that extremely hard to believe...80,000?!? I don't know how people can afford it! :O but on another hand these shrimp are spectacular. Although my favorite is still a pinto zebra which is very very similar. So my question is this.... What makes this shrimp a nanashi shrimp? Is it the pattern on the head? Is there a description online? Just curious

What makes this shrimp a nanashi shrimp? Is it the pattern on the head? Is there a description online? Just curious

Nanashi means 'nameless' or no name in Japanese.

So I doubt there is any distinctive characteristic that defines what a Nanashi shrimp is.

There seems to be some commonality with the patterns. They all have that white Tiger like stripe.

Man I find that extremely hard to believe...80' date='000?!? I don't know how people can afford it! :O but on another hand these shrimp are spectacular. Although my favorite is still a pinto zebra which is very very similar. So my question is this.... What makes this shrimp a nanashi shrimp? Is it the pattern on the head? Is there a description online? Just curious[/quote']

Nop Gbang it's $8000, not $80,000, although it's still extreme price :P

However as jayc mentioned nanashi stands for nameless in Japanese.

They look similar to Zeb pintos and we never know what's the difference!

It's them who named them as nanashi and priced that high :P

Let's say it's all up to hem haha

Nonono. $80' date='000 for 10. I'm thinkin in that category when the breeder claims people buy in lots of 10.[/quote']

You're right! $80,000 or $160,000 for 20!

Well, maybe they think it's investment for bigger money :hiya:

Breed them and sell them!

Though I assume the price will drop within few months lol

To be honest. And this is my opinion. I personally feel that these guys, while extremely beautiful and of amazing quality!!! Are too similar to pintos. I personally couldn't substantiate the price. Especially when the line is meant to be called nameless..... Which can lead to other people breeding other variated patterned shrimp and just calling theirs nameless but in mandarin or German... Or maybe I just don't like the name cause I'm like its not nameless!!! What is it?!? Lol