a warning and a thanks

smicko

Hi all, I haven't been very active on the forum recently as I have been going through some losses.

With all the hot weather last month I successively wiped out four tanks that contained my yellows, red Rilli, chocolate/black and the royal blue cherry program i was pursuing.

I age all my water in buckets and check parameters before adding to the tanks.

Well all except one.

Temperature was my downfall. The water in the buckets must have been around 28 which I added to tanks that are 22 resulting in around 100 cooked shrimp.

So please check the temp of waterchange.

Now the thanks, a member from here noticed a post I put on a fish forum and offered some of his own quality breeders to get me going again.

daydream (Jeff) is a legend, like most members on here.

I was chasing through a cull tank trying to find all the right colours again which would have set.me back around a year.

Thanks to daydream I now have a couple of trios of yellow, blue gene Rilli and chocs/black.

Again thank you Jeff for the kickstart.

SHRIMP PEOPLE RULE

And I have my mojo back after a month out of the game, next is to try Tb again.

Cheers mick

Sorry to hear of your losses Smicko!! But something really important for keepers to consider!!

I lost a tank of my chocs, rillis, cbs, SW, half of my tibees and lots of shrimplets too. Mine was due to not testing regularly enough. I had used an existing substrate and UG filter with benibachi over the top. After 6 months the nitrates literally exploded overnight and I had the weekend from hell!! Full strip down and restart and thankfully now on track, crs babies everywhere!!

Hard lessons to learn, as long as you don't let it stop you from enjoying the hobby!! We are part of the best forum and community here!!!

All the best. Thanks for making us aware of the potential damage the water change temperature can make!

Wise words mock, glad to hear you're back on track & well done Jeff, gotta love the SKF love! :encouragement:

All good had huge losses over the years and someone always helps me out.What goes around comes around.Have found this with all things in life.You will always reap what you sow.