Eheim 2213 leaking

doctr-dan

Hi Guys, I have a eheim 2213 that is leaking at the outlet connection.

It's a second hand filter that was working fine. I stopped using it for a while and have a need for it again now.

I hooked it up and it had a steady trickle coming from the outlet connection as in the picture below.

I got another complete top cap again secondhand thinking there may have been a hairline crack or something, but the leak is still happening.

Suggestions appreciated thanks

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/rachyw82/Clamping_nut_leak.jpg

i hate my eheim too hahaha, i just want to change the hose. it took ages to open the nuts and all hand sore muscle pain for 3 days lol.

Btw i would suggest make sure you slide the hose till perfectly all go in. then screw it hardly (i use bath towel to make it tigher and safe hand from sore)

if still leak you might want check the plastic bit if theres any crack.

hope it help :)

Just eliminate the grey threaded part & use a hose clamp, Bunnings have some that have a wing nut to tighten them, simples! :encouragement:

I actually had this exact same problem, Secondhand Eheim 2213 with a slight leak at the outlet. Normally its a crack in the thread, if it's bad then you can cut it off and clamp a hose on over the bit beneath as per Squiggle's suggestion otherwise if it's not that bad you can get away with using some plumbers thread tape, the stuff I used successfully was called "Fix-a-tap Threadseal tape"

All I had to do was slightly overlay each layer as I wound it on making sure it went on tightly then just attached the hose etc as per normal. I found once the grey plastic bit had screwed on to hold the tube in place the leak has entirely stopped

Best of luck!

:encouragement: