When is it too much of a good thing?

Eshrimp

Ok so i have bought two sets of Beni Red bee balls (20 balls) and i have put them in my display community tank (most here know it is crazy populated). My question is, the packaging says to use 10 balls per 60cm tank but my tank is a 3ft so i decided to put 20 balls in there, am i going to mess up my parameters or is it going to be ok?

Eshrimp , when I got mine from boss aquaria ( Dean ) not so long ago he recommended I use 4 in each 60 litre tank and 2 in each 30 litre tank. Hope that helps

Cheers Twellsy

I've removed 50% of the recommended balls, as I've experience my TDS rise beyond my target. I think it depends on the number of shrimps, water change routine, and other additives added etc.... So just need to customise, base on TDS I reckon

The mineral balls have different components to the SaltShrimp…I use both. Really just a trail and error, just put half the recommended dosage, and monitor over a week, then make a judgement call.

This is handy to know! will have to reduce the amount of them i use in the future

I've currently got 9 of the 10 balls in the canister filter on my 2ft tank, have not noticed a significant rise in my TDS but will know where to look if one occurs now.