Wahoo!!! Definitely happy dance time!

Squiggle

Certainly a great looking shrimp.... with peeps like you cracking the code hopefully we see more around.

Thanks dude, I'm just wait for the babies to be old enough to start breeding, getting exciting as it should be very soon! :jig:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the happy dance has come out again! Spotted this girl today & this means she is carrying F2 babies, sooooooo exciting!! :thumbsu:

post-416-0-37029100-1404900636_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome work Squiggs!! One generation is great, two generations is some kind of amazing!!

Pretty cuffed myself, loving these little natives at the moment & I've got another special little surprise for you guys to drool over soon! :jig:

Nicely done mate. Cant wait to see if you start getting mutations or whether they breed true (to wild pattern)

That's what I'm excited about too, it'll be interesting to see their patterns & if it's possible to improve the colour. :jig:

• Like 1

Pretty cuffed myself, loving these little natives at the moment & I've got another special little surprise for you guys to drool over soon! :jig:

Suspense!!!

• 3 months later...

Well it's been 4 months since the last update, how are they fairing? Any signs of F3 on the horizon?

They're one of the three natives (the other two being Caridina wilkinsi and Chameleon shrimp) I'm deciding on (all have their positives and downsides)  so very curious given your success so far compared with numerous cases of doom.

Success with these guys is dependent on low TDS. If you dont have RO, it makes it extremely difficult. Hence why attrition rate is so high.

Sadly mine got to F2 & then they have fallen to the curse of the Zebra. There is no reason as the water was perfect & the breeding rate was high (berried girls constantly) but they just kept slowly disappearing till I have only one lone female survivor left. I will get some more in time but for now I will make use of the tank for another upcoming program. :sad:

That's sad, you were one of the more successful cases and everything looked like it was on the up and up :(

On a different front though, helps me reduce my options down to two. 

Good luck with the up coming project.

Thanks mate, they were going so well but work has been incredibly busy in the last 6 months & I fear that that had contributed to their decline. :sad:

• 4 weeks later...

So sad to read that you practically lost them all : CRY :. I look forward to seeing how you go next time you give them ago

Wow. That's the first real captivity breeding of a zebra I have seen. I have heard of some claims of breeding. Glad to see you suceeded.