Would the real shrimp snail plz stand up lol

Ronskitz

Are there any snails out there that wont go absolutely bonkers breeding and take over my shrimp. Iv read some nerites can only reproduce in brackish water is this true? Cheers everyone :)

Absolutely correct and Australia has some fantastic Nerites. There are some that need brackish to breed but others that are purely freshwater, just depends on location. Northboy should have a few suggestions

Good to hear thanks i love having them in my tanks but i dont want to keep squashing the babies to keep numbers down so you can actually see other inhabitants it annoys me haha

Essington snail and or Waterhouse snails might be a good native fresh water option that shouldn't breed out of control, it really depends on the gH and pH of your water for keeping them.

Good to hear thanks i love having them in my tanks but i dont want to keep squashing the babies to keep numbers down so you can actually see other inhabitants it annoys me haha

I squash the little babies that gather along the top of the tank at the water line and my cherries love them as a food source.