Spotlighting in my tanks

ineke

• HOF Member

I was very disappointed today when once again my Tibee dropped her eggs and I couldn't find any babies anywhere. Pretty much the same in my Mischling/ TB tank berried mamas no longer berried and only a couple of babies visible. So I got a LED torch and once it was dark went looking through the glass at the moss etc and lo and behold there were very new babies in the Tibee tank - there are also some Berried Chocolates in there but I hadn't noticed that they had dropped their eggs yet so hopefully it's Tibees.

then a quick look in the Mischling tank and 2 different sized babies jumped out of the light very quickly. I don't know how many babies in either tank because as soon as the light found them they vanished but where there is life there is hope. :happydance:

Transferring them into my new smaller tanks has made it easier to keep track of the berried girls so pleased with that outcome.

i also looked into my big community tank where the Tibees used to be and quite a few youngsters were visible there too , many more than I see during the day so with a bit of luck there might be some Tibees there too. jibdcb

It usually takes 4+ days before you can really see them, and within 1-2 weeks, they are so much more visible….just keep up with the powder foods. Great work !

• HOF Member

Thanks BB plenty of powdered foods in the tanks I still love Biozyme and start using it once the girls are berried. I never have this problem with the Cherries I can see them no problems but the Others seem to be much shyer