Starfire glass! Opinions appreciated!

KillieOrCory

Hi all,

Now that the fishroom is settling in I am in the process of getting quotes to get my inwall display tank built. Only two panels of the glass that is going to be for viewing is going to be the front and the back panel.

The quote for starfire glass comes in at a fraction over double that of normal glass. I think it is worth going for the starfire for the display! Do you agree?

It is going to be from 12mm glass almost 5x2.5x2

For 12mm i think you may notice the difference, if it was thinner glass i'd say dont bother :)

Do you have the option of seeing some 12mm glass in situ in an aquarium? I've seen it mostly at the tank builders.

I agree with Wraithie, a waste of time in smaller glass but in 12mm you will get the benefit, it also has a bluer effect to it. You must keep it clean.

I have seen both normal and Starfire used in Video tanks and you can not see the difference on film.

Bob

+2, definitely starfire for 12mm & if this is you main display then it's worth the extra dollars. :encouragement:

OK! We wanted to get the starfire so thank you for agreeing! :beer: Our consensus was that why skimp on the main display tank.

I'll better aquascape this one when it is built!

Put normal on one side and sf on the other side :happydance:then you will know which one is better :):violin:

Put normal on one side and sf on the other side :happydance:then you will know which one is better :):violin:

In theory thats a good idea' date=' though this tank is going to be viewed from two different rooms!

DSC00989_zps5799894a.jpg

Got to be starfire, would also recommend painting the ends of the tank so as to limit the view from the lounge, a more complete perception.